OT: My Very Generous Grandson

Lisarn1
on 12/7/14 3:54 am - Raleigh, NC

My five year old grandson lives with us, along with his mom and dad. Last week he relapsed from an ear and sinus infection that traveled to his upper lungs. After being on antibiotics again, doing nebulizer treatments, and staying home for a couple of days, he is doing really great. So great that he has generously gifted my daughter-in-law and I with a really nasty upper respiratory infection! 

I am so very grateful for this opportunity to not only recover from my RNY revision to the sleeve, along with the bloody pleural effusion and collapsed lung repaired surgically. Now I get to be miserable with severe head cold symptoms and more pain than normal in my lung cavity. Going to my PCP tomorrow. He wants to see me anyway since my husband filled him in on my surgical odessy.

This is tongue in cheek. I would never blame my beautiful grandson. 😀

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Dawn ..
on 12/7/14 9:41 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

Glad your grandson is doing better and that you are on the road to recovery.

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

Lisarn1
on 12/7/14 11:27 am - Raleigh, NC

Thanks Dawn.

rumpole6
on 12/8/14 1:57 am

Get your flu shot! And I guess this raises the question of how to properly take antibiotics during recovery? Maybe he can give you an injection?

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

Lisarn1
on 12/8/14 2:10 am - Raleigh, NC

Thank you for your comments. As a nurse, I am obligated to have the flu vaccine annually. My family and I all had our shots in September. I really don't want antibiotics for a couple of reasons. First, I was on IV antibiotics in the hospital for a total of three weeks since my revision surgery in Oct, as well as thoracic surgery in Nov due to complications. I prefer to not take more at this time. Second, I believe that what I have is actually viral. My biggest concern is that in my weakened state my recovery from this URI will be longer. I also had pleural effusion and a collapsed lung, and I am paying attention to increased shortness of breath and pain. At least it happened before I go back to work next week. 

I do feel better today, though. I was so miserable over the weekend that I decided to have a pity rant yesterday. Thanks for the well wishes.

Lisa

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 48 views