band to VSGers how much better

Jack Allen
on 12/4/14 10:26 pm, edited 12/4/14 10:28 pm - Leesburg, VA

OK just asking some questions, how much better is the VSG than the band? With my band I was never really taught how to eat properly and I usually just push through the band when eating, or something gets stuck and I have to vomit. I assume you cant push through the vsg after healing. do you vomit ever? how about liquids, can you eventually drink 12 oz water straight?

Ive heard so much about the reduction of stomach urges to eat due to the cutting of the stomach, this is what I really want. Can differed size sleeves be made?

any other info appreciated.

mmsmom
on 12/4/14 10:42 pm - Woburn, MA

I had a band from 2007 to feb 2014.  At first i had what is considered great success with the band, got down about 75 lbs from highest weight.  Then band was emptied due to stomach bug and never was right again after that.  Woke up choking at night on  my own saliva, could not achieve a good level of restriction.  Band emptied and regain of about 50 lbs.   Had band removed in Feb and got sleeved in April.  I am now down 80 lbs and 5 lbs from my ultimate goal.  At first I had a few incidents where I felt "kind of" stuck, but once the sleeve heeled, I have not felt that at all.  At band removal dr said my stomach needed time to return to a normal shape, even without the band it still was indented.   For me, there is no eating around the sleeve.  Once I am full I am DONE.  I love the sleeve and wish I had it originally, although it was not so widely done then.  I have absolutely no regrets and feel terrific!  I don't know if we ever lose our urge to eat, but it certainly is easier to control.  Good luck.  

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active