3.5 Months Post-Op Progress Report

Pamela M.
on 12/16/14 1:50 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Whew, just stopping by to check in - mainly to keep myself accountable!  I am 3.5 months post-surgery and overall, I am doing really well.  I have lost 59 lbs. since June and loving my new body!  My only struggle is with carbs . . . they are evil . . . I try, try, try to keep them under 50g per day but seldom succeed.  I usually end up consuming about 70g per day which still isn't horrible.  The best part is that I am not tempted by sugar and pre-surgery I was a serious surgar addict.  It never ceases to amaze me to see the scale continuing to move downward.  Observation:  In the last 30 days, I have found my appetite to be demanding more food and I almost always listen to my body and try to consume more food (healthy protein, etc.) within reason.  Interestingly, it's AFTER one of these episodes where I eat more than normal for a day or two (1,000 calories), that the scale drops 3-4 lbs..  For me, I believe increasing my food intake for a short period kick-starts my metabolism and makes me lose a few pounds.  Of course, the key is to go back to eating 800 calories or less.  Has anyone else out there experienced this phenomenon?  Hope everyone is surviving the pre-holiday craziness.  I never get stressed over the holidays because guess what - the day AFTER 12/25 it's ALL OVER and no one remembers what you did or didn't buy or decorate or cook . . . relax and enjoy the smell of a holiday candle or the sounds of childrens' laughter or the smell of a pot of chilli . . . tis the season to be joyful, not stressed.  I really enjoy reading everyone's posts, please keep writing and encouraging one another.  Happy Holidays!  Pamela

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Y D.
on 12/16/14 2:17 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

That is awesome! Great progress  

Luvmygs
on 12/16/14 4:05 am
VSG on 12/04/14

This is awesome Pamela, Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to get to 3.5 months. Still struggling on my post-op liquids. Thank you for this wonderful blog and happy Holidays to you too!   Christine

Belle Ink
on 12/16/14 4:11 am

Hi I am close to you as far as post surgery, mine was 9/4/14. I have noticed the same thing when I eat a little more then go back to eating less, I see a significant drop on the scale, it is kinda crazy. Carbs have always been my temptation along with sugar, I just try to stay away from the bad carbs and accept that it is ok to have some as long as I am making smart choices. I don't want to sabotage myself and I plan on getting the most out of my tool. Merry Christmas and I do hope you have a very good one.

J Connel
on 12/16/14 6:10 am
VSG on 04/13/15

You have made such great progress! Congrats!!

JC 5'3" HW: 283.2 SW: 224.6 CW: 140.0  M1: -20.0 M2: -10.2 M3: -13.6 M4: -6.4 M5: -7.2 M6: -7.8 M7: -6.2  M8: -5.8 M9: -2.2 M10: -5

GOAL WEIGHT ACHIEVED 2/2/16 

Follow my blog at: www.sleeveforme2014.wordpress.com

MegZorar
on 12/16/14 7:44 am

Great job!

happyteacher
on 12/16/14 8:46 am

Glad to read you are doing so well! Yes, when I increased my calories it usually triggered a few pounds dropped like you described. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Tracy D.
on 12/17/14 2:44 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

While I was in weight-loss mode, any time I consumed more carbs my hunger would spike up.  

You're not dropping weight because you're eating more calories.  You're eating more protein and "good carbs" and probably dropping some excess water weight.  It's a fairly common phenomenon...but people attribute it to "upping their calories".  Which will severly backfire once you get to maintenance.  Hear me now and believe me later ;-)  

And I really appreciate your view on the holidays - we need to focus on what makes us smile and let go of the rest.  Merry Christmas! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views