Need a good chai

diane S.
on 12/20/14 5:20 am

Who knows a good brand of sugar free or unsweetened chai?  I need a hot evening drink and I like chai made with skim milk but cant' seem to find any without too much sugar or sweetener.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/14 6:05 am

Hey Diane,

I assume you're willing to brew it, yes? Trader Joe's has a very good spiced chai tea - just the tea and spices. Not sure where you are looking, but most of the more trendy/health oriented stores around here carry several brands of chai tea. If you don't have a Trader Joe's nearby, let me know. I can always pick some up and pop it in the USPS for you. We terrier people need to watch out for each other, you know?!

happyteacher
on 12/20/14 6:39 am

I can find this in the local grocery store or on Amazon. Combine it with flax milk and the whole cup of delcious is 25 cals!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

weeziebeth
on 12/20/14 7:03 am

I love love love Stash chai tea bags. Tastes closest to chai my Indian friends make. 

HW 285 SW 248 CW 218  Surgery date: 12/2/14                 "Life itself is the proper binge." Julia Child      

"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''  Winston Churchill

diane S.
on 12/20/14 10:02 am

thanks for the suggestions folks. we don't have trader joe's up here but whenever someone goes to the city they usually take orders .  i will check at our local coop for the oregon chai.  i am sure they have loads of others but ya never know which are any good. thanks

diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Cheriebabie
on 12/20/14 10:30 am

I just found a really good Chai Spice tea called Stash & I found it at Safeway Grocery store.  Bigelow has a Vanilla Chai thats pretty good too.  I add a touch of sugar free Italian Sweet Creamer for the creamy and sweet taste.

VSG surgery date (12/08/14) 5'3" Female age 55 - 255 (HW) 247 (start wt) 234 (PreOp) 186 (CW) 

crittemom
on 12/20/14 11:38 am

In the summer, when it's hot out, I love chai spice iced tea; in fact, try other flavored teas iced-they are wonderful! Best hot chai spice, in my book, is Stash...

lessofme123
on 12/20/14 7:58 pm

I've been making my own and absolutely love it. I adapted this recipe and left out the sugar. I use Stevia and skim milk. It is wonderful. I ordered my spices from Amazon. It is soooo much cheaper than buying spices at the grocery store.

http://tasty-yummies.com/2011/11/07/homemade-chai-tea-concentrate/

Laurie P.
on 12/29/14 10:51 am - Oregon House, CA
VSG on 03/13/08 with

Brand....Oregon Chai makes a sugar free one that is really good.  I get it at Walmart but have also found it at Trader Joes and the grocery store.

Laurie

pre-op 265  lbs.    day of surgery 252  lbs.     curent 187 lbs.

nova93
on 7/9/17 10:43 pm

I have to agree with Laurie. The SF Oregon Chai seems to be the best I have found. I like that you add your own milk so one container lasts me a while since I do a 1/3 chai to 2/3 skim milk.

Most Active