I'm back....After almost 2 years ...

janielynne
on 12/29/14 9:18 am

I have tried to do this alone....I 'm back because I need everyone here to help me.  I have had so much success.  However that I have fallen off my path.  I have been busy taking care of sick family members, changing jobs and dealing with all that stress has made me weak. I have not taken good care of myself.  My labs are off and I have not seen my doc in quite sometime.  I'm afraid to see him.  I don't need someone to yell at me.  I just want to get back on track and get to goal.  In the last year and a half I have gained 25 lbs. Im so upset with myself.  I said I would never let this happen...Well here I am !!  I really would like to remember what all I ate in the beginning to help me re train my brain.  Any tips would be helpful...  Thanks in advance....  I look forward to reconnecting with all of you..

Jane

Gwen M.
on 12/29/14 9:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Well, I'd start by tracking everything you put into your mouth with something like MyFitnessPal.  That'll let you see what you're taking in and what modifications you need to make.  I also highly recommend that you start seeing a therapist if you're not already - it's really hard being a caretaker and trying to take care of yourself as well.  You don't need to go through that alone and a therapist will help.  

When did you have blood work done?  My PCP always contacts me after my results come in - did yours contact you?  I always hated going to see docs pre-op, so I understand how much it sucks when you're worried that all the doc will care about is your weight.  But it needs to be done since you need to find out what's going on with your blood and what you need to change.  

From there, I'd work to get back to your basics.  Here's a list of mine, yours might be slightly different but I hope this gives you a good starting point at least!  

1. Prioritize protein and water
2. Deprioritize carbs, especially the refined and processed ones
3. Make the most of healthy fats
4. Eat three meals a day with no snacks
5. Avoid liquid calories (breakfast protein shake is the exception)
6. Weigh portions
7. Eat mindfully and with no distractions aside from real live people
8. Move as much as possible
9. Weigh myself daily
10. Be kind to myself

Definitely work on #10.  Yes, you gained 25 pounds.  But you've lost the weight before, you still have a fully functional tool in your VSG, and you'll be able to lose the weight again.  Beating yourself up won't serve any purpose other than to make you feel even worse and there's no point in that.  We fall so we can pick ourselves up again - you can do this.  You can pick yourself up and get back on track.  :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

janielynne
on 12/29/14 9:33 am

Thank you so much Gwen.  You are so kind.  I pray that this year 2015 will be my best... I look forward to taking care of me this year !!

Gwen M.
on 12/29/14 9:36 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Taking care of yourself is a really good goal to have!  My goal for 2014 was to make it a Year of Kindness.  Part of that was surgery, part of that was therapy (massage, mental, and physical), part of it was getting an exercise regime and running.. 

My dad has also been battling cancer so I spend a fair amount of time traveling up to PA to help my parents out.  It's hard taking care of people but that just makes it even more important to take care of ourselves, eh?  You got this.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

meka33319
on 12/30/14 3:08 am

Hi Jane, Gwen is absolutely don't beat yourself up over it just don't let it go any further. Go old school start writing down what you're eating I notice if I write it down I hate to write bad things. Then start getting your workout back in it will reduce your stress and you will feel better. Also like Gwen said start getting in good protein and and your fluids. I notice when I get off track once I reduce my calories and workout its almost like I have been sleeved all over again. The restriction comes back and I feel good. You can do it, dont get discourage.

Most Active