EGD and Bravo Test scheduled

AK_Gipson
on 1/7/15 2:37 am
VSG on 04/14/14

HI! I've not been on here in awhile. I am almost 9 months out from my VSG and my doctor has ordered an EGD and Bravo test. He thinks that my stomach is building up acid all day and by dinner I feel like I am going to explode. Literally. Chest pressure, pain, panting because deep breaths hurt. Pain, gas, burping. Did I mention it hurts? Yes I had GERD but I had my gall bladder removed years before my VSG so I haven't had an episode before my VSG since 2008.

Has anyone else had this?

or Know what the treatment for it is?

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

Kathy S.
on 1/7/15 3:49 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Yikes, this sounds painful. I have not had this happen but wanted to wish you luck and keep us posted on how you are doing

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/15 5:25 am - AZ

Hi, I haven't had this problem.. But I work in Endoscopy and I do these tests on patients everyday. The test itself is very quick, about 10 min & you'll be asleep... With the scope, They will place a very small device in your esophagus to basically measure the acid going up, causing your discomfort.. You will have a little device to click buttons when you eat, when you get the pain ect. Once they read the results (usually the next day) they will know what step to take next.. maybe a stronger antacid.. It's all up to the Dr. to decide what he thinks will work best.

Good luck!! and hope you get some relief soon!

AK_Gipson
on 1/7/15 6:37 am
VSG on 04/14/14

Thank you!!! I am worried about it as it seems to happen almost everyday now. But even with the problems, I wouldn't change the surgery for anything... 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

Most Active