Liquids & foods you ate

Oliviawashere
on 1/11/15 2:31 am

Does anyone have a list of liquids, pureed foods, soft, solid that they ate through the stages? I got a list from my nutrional class, but it doesn't have much on it. I know theres got to be ideas & such out there. I'd do better seeing what varities of things everyone uses, and such. Anyone know of any good blogs that list these types of things, ect?

Mary Gee
on 1/11/15 5:01 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

The surgery forums here have daily "What Are You Eating Today" threads where people list their daily menus.  Gwen M. here has a blog and she has a list of pureed foods, and a lot of recipes.  Also check out Eggface's blog - she has excellent recipes.  There's also a facebook page "Bariatric Family Friendly Recipes".  Not all recipes in blogs have the nutritional value, but My Fitness Pal has a "Recipe" feature where you can import a recipe and it will break down the info. 

There's a lot of info out there - sometimes you may feel like you have an "information overload" - but the more you read, the better prepared you will be.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Oliviawashere
on 1/13/15 1:25 am

Thank you so much Mary!

Loaf
on 1/13/15 3:08 am - Canada
VSG on 10/31/14

Im from Canada, and our list is different then when you go to a private clinic.  

Week 1 and 2

Full Fluids.

Which was Soup (Broth)

Strained Light  Cream Soup (Cream of chicken from Campbell as an example)

and protein shakes

Week 3 was Soft food.

Could introduce Eggs, Oatmeal (Which was awesome for me) and light cream Cheese.

Week4  more Soft food

Introduced Lean Protein such as ground chicken and tuna.

Week 5 was the same as 4 with whole meat added  slowly

and week 6 was rest of life... Be aware of what you eat and introduce  new foods slowly

Most Active