nervous wreck, now that I got a date.

Oliviawashere
on 1/10/15 12:05 am

I'm a nervous wreck. Shouldn't I be thrilled, excited, it took so long to get a date for the surgery I need & want. I'm having crying bouts, and head scatteredness. I'm second guessing everything, why would I be second guessing something I was longing for all along? Anyone else go through this? I'm filling my heads with what if, & death, and dying, and complications; all the anything can happens. So much, that I'm even trying to talk myself out of getting this surgery. Am i a lunatic or what? =(

MegZorar
on 1/10/15 12:21 am

"Am i a lunatic or what?"

What. 

Felt the same way--inexplicably scared. Wonder if there's a correlation between fear and being on the brink of getting what you really want.

The odds of a successful surgery are in your favor.Remember this as you go forward. Good luck with whatever you decide.

charsant82
on 1/10/15 1:37 am

hi, I am gonna hhave to say its normal to second guess yourself.... I too have been having the same back and forth in my head ....I'm.scheduled for this wed Jan 14th and have been feeling on edge...besides the preop diet which I have cheated on everyday. Where are you getting your sleeve done at ? And when is your date?

BrendaRae
on 1/10/15 4:31 am
VSG on 01/13/15

I have my surgery on Tuesday te 13th. I think its normal to be a little worried. I think im more worried about how much pain I am going to be in when i take my inital sips of water. The doctor was telling me tiny sip to see if my stomach "will tolerate".... I have lived and breathed of this site since Sept and everyone has different experience. Some have a tougher time in the beginning and others dont. But the consistency of EVERYONE is that it gets easier with time and if you follow your doctors orders you will do well. Thats what I keep telling myself. I have not cheated on my preop diet, but my doctor was very good to me and let me have 3 protein shakes in the day time with a small dinner that consisted of a salad and some meat. Good luck to you and we just have to take it ODAT ( one day at a time). pretty soon we will be 60 days out and 50 lbs down, thats what im hoping for anyway.

YOU GOT THIS!!!GOOD LUCK!

ElizaM
on 1/10/15 5:06 am
VSG on 07/24/14

The day I got my date was the day that this whole thing became real for me. And OMG, I was sooooooo nervous and freaked out (and a little excited too). Surgery is a big deal, it's normal to be scared! So no, you're not a lunatic. Just take deep breaths, and focus on the positive impact this surgery is going to have on your life. Read people's success stories and imagine how that will feel for you. 

The decision to have the surgery was the hardest part of this process for me. But I am counting my lucky stars every day because I truly believe it has saved my life. 

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

Gwen M.
on 1/11/15 8:36 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Totally normal.  Find a therapist to add to your Obesity Recovery Team if you don't already have one.  Keep yourself as busy as possible.  You'll be fine :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views