getting so nervous

Almiita
on 1/10/15 11:56 am - St.Paul, MN

So a few days ago Itold a few close friends about my decision to have vsg wls (not all at the same time but one by one) 4 of the 5 were very encouraging.. The other 1 was "happy " for me but..went in to say.."are you sure you want to do that though can't you just do zumba everyday and loose weight like that?? ..I don't want to scare you but my cousin passed away 2 days after having weight loss surgery"  

I just told her..I know its a major surgery and with any surgery there is a chance of complications and well I'm hoping everything goes well, I've done a lot of research around and if it was just a matter of doing zumba everyday I font think obesity would be a problem in the country.she laughed it off and we changed the topic..But I have yo be honest the thought of my surgery date being set pretty soon does make more nervous and paranoid about something happening during surgery.

SURGERY DATE:PENDING  HEIGHT:5'8  HW: 296 CW:267 SW:PENDING

mickeymantle
on 1/10/15 2:43 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

it is verualy impossable to loss 50 or more lbs and keep it off with out surgery congress did a study and found that 95%  of people that need to loss 50 plus lbs will ether not lose it or gain it all back and more

no wls is a shore thing but if you have a good surgeon and stay on plan it is a very safe surgery , very few people die from wls and most of them have very bad health problems before surgery and some lie to the surgeons about there problems

there are some surgeon mostly outside the Usa or Canada that  do little testing

most good surgeons do blood work , have you ok ed by a cardiologist, I seen a hematologist to check my blood-work , sleep studies are common as are endoscopes (might as well get a colonoscopy while they have you under

exercise is not a good way to lose weight if you burn 500 cal ( thats alot) a day for a week it is only 1 lb , exercise, helps raise your metabolism  and helps prevent muscle loss    

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Mary Gee
on 1/10/15 5:24 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
What you are experiencing is completely normal. Have faith in your surgeon. We go through a rigorous pre-op program to ensure we are healthy enough to undergo the surgery. Just keep reading the posts here, and keep posting too. You will be successful as long as you follow your surgeon's plan.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Gwen M.
on 1/11/15 8:53 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It sounds like you handled things well.  

Keep yourself as busy as you can and try not to think about everything that -could- happen.  Instead, think of what WILL happen.  :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views