Pre-Op liquid diet

Melanielw
on 1/11/15 4:37 am
VSG on 01/21/15

So I am on the 5th day of my liquid diet and it sucks bad!! lol I know it doesn't last forever and I know I can do it. The only thing I'm having an issue with is I just don't want to eat or drink anything. (I think the main reason is I don't like anything I am allowed. Lol) My diet allows for 2 protein shakes, 1 soup (can be hearty soup) and 1-2 snacks of the usual stuff. I am just wondering if me not drinking enough is going to effect me on actual surgery day. Has anyone else experienced this while going through the pre-op diet? 

mickeymantle
on 1/11/15 5:09 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

yes you need to stay hydrated , they can give you iv fluids but may cancel your surgery if your very dehydrated

keep sipping water , call your surgeons office if you need to adjust what your allowed

I was allowed 2 shakes and 1 tv diner a day but had 1/2 fruit added when I was getting headaches (im diabetic )

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

mickeymantle
on 1/11/15 5:10 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

oregon ducks photo:  oregon_ducks_2.gif

GO DUCKS

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

mia97478
on 1/11/15 5:02 pm, edited 1/11/15 5:48 pm

Go Ducks!  Go Super Mariota!!

Dr. Colin MacColl, Springfield Oregon- pending surgery

mia97478
on 1/11/15 5:05 pm, edited 1/11/15 5:49 pm

I worry about this same thing happening when I start my pre op diet. I don't like drinking thick shakes so I worry about how I'm going to cope with that. I keep telling myself it's all means to an end and I'll find a way to choke it down.

Good luck!

Dr. Colin MacColl, Springfield Oregon- pending surgery

Kappy5150
on 1/12/15 3:01 am

I am about  week in on my liquid pre-op diet.  My sugery is next Monday the 19th.  I totally agree with you that IT SUCKS!  The first 3 days had a raging migraine.  What's the worst is I've barely lost 2 lbs!  But I'm thinking my period is coming to and I always gain before that.  I keep trying to sip sip sip like they say you need to do after surgery just to get me in the habit. I'm also having a hard time and the first few days I didn't frink any extra water and I think that contributed to the migraine.  I jsut keep thinking of the long term goal and just make myself sip sip sip.  GOOD LUCK!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views