Little update.

Flabaway
on 1/13/15 1:52 pm
VSG on 01/05/15 with

So, my surgery was a week yesterday, and tomorrow I get to start the purée stage. To be honest I was really ready for purée yesterday, and this afternoon I rocked the boat and had 2 teaspoons of guacamole and 2 teaspoons of mashed potatoes, and my body was so happy for sustenance, and I felt very full. No foamies at all, I did vomit an opurity chewable I tried to ingest on day 5 after my surgery. That was a really terrible experience.

I have to be very honest and say that the first 5-6 days after surgery were much more difficult than I was prepared for. I was very weak, really couldn't get anywhere near a sufficiency of fluids, it was so much harder than I had anticipated. 

But now, 8 days after surgery, I can drink well enough to get all my liquids in. My stomach didn't react badly or reject the teaspoon of fresh guacamole or mash, I've had no acid reflux,I even tried a small glass of iced lemonade, no problems. 

So tomorrow I'm going to start my protein shake experience, and also start with some puréed chicken and maybe mince and soups.

elatedelaine
on 1/13/15 8:43 pm

Try the Premier Protein Shakes from Sams or Costco (my favorite is Chocolate, tastes just like a yohoo).  You can't go wrong with these:) Good luck to you on your journey.

GoBlueGirl1998
on 1/13/15 9:56 pm - MI

You're thru the hardest part! It gets way easier! 

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

diane S.
on 1/14/15 3:20 am

good for you. i would suggest greek yogurt instead of avocado or mashed potatoes. those have no protein. gy has lots. you can even add protein powder to it or sf syrups for flavor. gl.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active