Feeling more comfortable

momsy55
on 1/19/15 12:47 am - ME

This morning I noticed that I am feeling more comfortable in my own skin.  My clothes are beginning to fit more comfortably, and, most importantly, my head isn't constantly running the fat tapes.  It is amazing how quickly the old negative feelings and thoughts come back when I'm not eating the way that's right for me.  Even while rationalizing that what I'm putting in my mouth is ok, for whatever reason I come up with, the fat tapes start playing - softly and intermittently at first, but then they get louder and more frequent.  I absolutely hated having my head in that place.  I was doing things, once again, to try to hide my body from both others and myself.  As the clothes got tighter, the louder the crescendo of negative thoughts got.  As I've started to eat better and take care of myself, the clothes are starting to loosen up again, and the tapes are quieting down.  Unfortunately I had to re-visit that place once again, to remind me of the misery I live in when I'm not taking care of myself.  For today, I am so grateful for living in the solution instead of the problem.  I am hopeful that I won't have to, once again, visit that place to be reminded of how  wretched life used to be.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

MegZorar
on 1/19/15 10:10 am

"living in the solution instead of the problem" 

LOVE THAT! In fact loved your whole post. Congrats on being comfortable in your own skin. I'm slowly getting there.

And tell those tapes to shut it.

momsy55
on 1/19/15 9:28 pm - ME

I'll do my best! to shut them up!  :)  Thanks Meg, and I know you'll get there too!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views