Pre Op menu help

Yellowdukk
on 2/2/15 1:08 pm

My wife is starting her pre op diet on wednesday and she has some questions, but since I can type faster she is making me do the dirty work!!

1: What foods can I have Pre Op? My list says veggies, protein shakes, chicken, fish. Anyone have other options?

2: Can I have fruit?

3: Can I have cottage cheese?

4: Can I have yogurt?

Thanks in advance,

Yellowdukk

P.S. I'm getting excited!!! Can't wait to be on the losers bench!!!!

Bufflehead
on 2/2/15 5:37 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

If your list from your surgeon says veggies, protein shakes, chicken, and fish, then that's what she can have. No fruit, no cottage cheese, no yogurt. All of those things have fairly high carbs and the point of most pre-op diets is to shrink the liver by going extremely low carb. If she wants permission to eat "off the list" she should contact her surgeon's office.

And most surgeons mean green veggies when they say veggies, so you may want to clarify that. Most aren't going to consider something like potatoes, sweet potatoes, or corn a "veggie."

Good luck to your wife, it's such an exciting time!

hollykim
on 2/3/15 5:30 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 2, 2015 at 9:08 PM Pacific Time, Yellowdukk wrote:

My wife is starting her pre op diet on wednesday and she has some questions, but since I can type faster she is making me do the dirty work!!

1: What foods can I have Pre Op? My list says veggies, protein shakes, chicken, fish. Anyone have other options?

2: Can I have fruit?

3: Can I have cottage cheese?

4: Can I have yogurt?

Thanks in advance,

Yellowdukk

P.S. I'm getting excited!!! Can't wait to be on the losers bench!!!!

she can have protein shakes,chicken,fish,veggies.

no she cannot have fruit,cottage cheese,yogurt. It doesn't really matter what anyone else could have. This is HER preop diet.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views