Time warp!!

mia97478
on 2/6/15 3:26 am, edited 2/6/15 3:28 am

I just got the call from my drs office, I passed the drug test! I was so paranoid about the second hand smoke that I would start to panic if I even smelled cigarettes on someone. Whew, I'm so happy to have that behind me.

While we were on the phone she scheduled me for my first NUT appt and my psych eval at the same time. We were discussing how my insurance requires 6 months of supervised diet so that would put me in July or August for surgery, which is what I had been prepared for...but then I remembered that I had started seeing my PCP for weight loss in November. I mentioned that to her and asked if we could start my 6 month from November rather than February. She said that as long as I hit my target weight loss and do everything else I need to do by then, she will sumbmit it to the insurance early! That means that I could potentially have surgery in April rather than August! 

I feel like I just stepped into a time warp! I'm going to prepare myself for August but hope for April. Fingers crossed!

Dr. Colin MacColl, Springfield Oregon- pending surgery

peachynptc
on 2/6/15 3:31 am - Fayetteville, GA

Whoa! How wonderful! I too, got good news back when I had my surgery. They tried to schedule it like the next week and I had to put it off until I could figure things out.

Welcome to the "losers club!"

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

mia97478
on 2/6/15 4:06 am

Thank you! I'm so happy to have the ball rolling, I think I'm still in a state of disbelief that this is all happening. After so many years of "sorry your insurance doesn't cover that surgery" it's surreal to finally hear a yes.

Y D.
on 2/6/15 4:35 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

congrats!! your big day will be here before you know it!

Gwen M.
on 2/6/15 7:00 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Yay!  Great to get the ball rolling again :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/6/15 11:19 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

it's just a jump to the left ...and a step to the right, let's do the time warp again

The longest wait for me was the psych eval.. I would ask them if that's one of your requirements and there is anyone they use so you can get that one out of the way or at least scheduled. 

mia97478
on 2/7/15 7:55 am

It's already scheduled, 10 am on Monday. 

Most Active