Topix for hair loss.. Any one using it?

monica37
on 2/3/15 1:46 am - Chicago, IL

I have heard the product mentioned on the board before and I was wondering if it is wroth it. I was thinking about ordering it... Looking for reviews. Let me know !

stacey1099
on 2/3/15 2:38 am
with

I have not used it. I too am experiencing this.  I went to a dermatologist and I am trying a shampoo and drop at the moment.  Just started so I will let you know how it works. 

anita2bennetts
on 2/3/15 3:59 am - Elkton, MD

I have it and use it occasionally.  I have not had surgery yet, I am in process but I suffer from trichotillomania which is an anxiety disorder where I pull my hair out when I am anxious.  I know it's a bizarre illness but nonetheless it has left me with many bald patches on my head thus I have used many different hairloss products and coverings including wigs.  Topix is like a powder but is not as soft.  the grains are more course and bond to your existing hair.  I think they are called "fibers".  if you have a decent amount of hair I feel it works pretty well.  Only complaint is that it is very messy.  There is a learning curve to application.  I sprinkle a bit in my hand and apply liberally to the thinning area.  I use on dry hair.

It really depends on how much hair loss you have.  I also like  

DermMatch Hair Loss Concealer- Dark Brown

The best price to get Topix or dermatch is amazon IMHO.  dermatch is basically concealer you rub on your scalp on actual visible bald areas if you have them.  because my hairloss is severe I have also used both Topix and dermatch together which works well.

Hope this helps.

Leah B.

monica37
on 2/3/15 4:05 am - Chicago, IL

very helpful !  thanks.. I have not yet had surgery but I do have a bit of thinning hair in the front. I generally use Bumble and Bumble dry hair poweder ( which is a spray ) to conceal any thin areas. Its not much but I thought I might gear up for this as I prep for surgery.

Tracy D.
on 2/3/15 4:26 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It's called Toppik....I used it occasionally prior to surgery and use it every day now to cover up the scalp areas that peek through too much.  

You need to use a light hand with it and not shake it around wildly (it will get all over!).  I just use regular hairspray after using to "set" it.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Bufflehead
on 2/3/15 4:53 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I used Toppik and Nanogen regularly before surgery due to preexisting hair loss issues (bad genetics - thanks mom!). I think they both work great. I preferred Nanogen a little bit over Toppik but Nanogen is more expensive.

Valerie G.
on 2/3/15 5:06 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

There is no shampoo, vitamin or amount of protein that prevents or stops Telogen Effluvium. 

It may be worthwhile for other hair-loss reasons, but don't waste your money for this type of loss.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

White Dove
on 2/3/15 5:10 am - Warren, OH

This is not a vitamin or cure.  It is a powder than you shake over any spots where scalp shows and it blends them in.  It is simply cosmetic, but does a nice job of making hair look fuller.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 2/3/15 5:08 am, edited 2/3/15 5:11 am - Warren, OH

I used Toppik for a while when my hair was very thin.  I just picked it up at Sally Beauty Supply.  It does a good job.  I bought their hairspray, but any hairspray will work.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active