Three Month Post Op Update.

sechax0r
on 2/3/15 10:25 pm, edited 2/3/15 10:28 pm
VSG on 11/03/14

I just realized today is my 3 month "surgiversary". It just seemed like yesterday I was going on the table. So here is my update "by the numbers".

Weight Loss: 141.2 lbs

Pants Size 72 → 56

Shirt Size: 6x → 3x

A1C 10.7 → 5.7

Blood Sugar 289 → 72 (no drugs)

Blood Pressure 150/90 → 122/65

Workouts: 0 Days a week → 6 Days a week

Training Days: 0 → 3 days a week

Walking: To the end of the block (maybe) → 2 miles easy.

I look forward to what the next 3 months brings. 

coll26
on 2/3/15 10:53 pm
VSG on 01/30/15

Congrats you are an inspiration!

November18
on 2/3/15 10:55 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

Wow! Great progress! Congratulations and keep it up! You must feel wonderful!!!!!!!

Bonnie

Tracy D.
on 2/3/15 11:11 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Woohoo!    That A1c is phenomenal - impresses the hell out of me.  Good job! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

robinreinhardt
on 2/4/15 2:32 am

Hi Tracy,

It's Robin. Can you please help me? I've been stuck at 225 now for two weeks. I have lost 22 pounds since my surgery on 12/15. I have 3 protein drinks a day with 1/2 cup skim milk. At lunch I have 2 T of beans and dinner 2 T chicken. Then I walk 30 minutes a day. Just stuck in my weight loss. What should I do? I was doing so well for the first month and now just seem to be stuck. Thanks Tracy! I appreciate your help. Have a great Wednesday.

Robin

Tracy D.
on 2/4/15 3:00 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I don't have the magic answer but I will tell you what others told me when I was early out: 

1.  Make sure you are drinking at LEAST 80 oz. of water a day.  That's right - 80 oz. not 64 oz. 

2.  Get 80 grams of protein a day - if you can't do it through regular food then keep drinking those shakes.  Switch to almond milk to get the carb count down - skim milk has more carb in it.  

3.  Are you tracking your food?  Every mouthful needs to get plotted out ahead of time (I still do it the night before) and tracked in an app like My Fitness Pal or something similar.  Otherwise you may not really be hitting your carb and protein goals for the day. 

4.  Make sure your carbs are staying below 40 grams a day.  If your shakes are putting you above that then find a lower carb shake.  Keep calories to 600-800 a day. 

5.  If you are doing everything perfectly from #1-#4 and you are still not seeing movement on the scale then try to understand that the scale is NOT the best indicator of fat loss.  As you continue this journey the scale will take pauses.  It does NOT mean that you aren't making progress!  If you are doing it right you will be losing fat but the body can and will retain water.  A half gallon of water weighs 4 lbs!  Eventually your body will relax and release it.  But then you'll start more rigorous exercise or it'll be that time of the month and it will happen again.  Relax!  As long as the trajectory of your weight is overall going down month-to-month, you're doing things right.  

Honestly, 22 lbs. in the first 6 weeks is losing at a good clip.  Really analyze what you're doing, if you are being 100% compliant (especially with tracking your food) and then just take a deep breath and keep on your path.  Take your measurements, keep track of all the NSVs (non-scale victories) and focus on those rather than the number on the scale.  

Best of luck to you, Robin! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

robinreinhardt
on 2/4/15 3:44 am

Tracy,

thanks so much for your help. I have so much respect for you! You always help me. You are such an inspiration to me. I'll try the almond milk. I do track all my food. Thanks again Tracy.

Robin

Tracy D.
on 2/4/15 3:53 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You're very welcome.  I'm just paying forward all the great advice and guidance I got when I first started out.  If it wasn't for this site I would have floundered and probably fell face first into failing my surgery.  

You'll get there! 

sechax0r
on 2/5/15 12:27 am
VSG on 11/03/14

My doctor was super impressed with the A1C, he said he has never seen a drop like that without medication. So impressed, he gave me a hug and a high 5. He also took me off blood testing. I still check it every once in a while just to make sure it is on track.

Spencerella
on 2/3/15 11:28 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Wow oh wow!!  Great progress!!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views