DOES WEATHER AFFECT YOUR SLEEVE???

denyray1
on 2/5/15 3:23 am

Ok, I don't want to sound like a crazy person, but my sleeve feels super tight since last night. I had so much acid last night I couldn't sleep and today I've only gotten down like 2 bites of a protein bar and about 4 little bites of cauliflower from my lunch. It feels like my stomach is not having it at all. The acid is churning again and I feel anything but hungry. I am 11 weeks out. 

mickeymantle
on 2/5/15 3:57 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you need to increase your dose of ppi

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Tracy D.
on 2/5/15 5:04 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I've never heard of - or experienced - weather affecting sleeve restriction.  But the acid could be doing a number on you.  Maybe there's some inflammation going on.  

If you're not taking a PPI for acid then ask your doc to get you on one ASAP.  It can take a long time for the stomach to figure out it doesn't need to produce the same amount of acid for a tiny tummy that it did for a big tummy.  In the meantime, that extra acid can eat away causing ulcers and bigger long-term problems.  Get it nipped in the bud - don't wait for it to resolve itself.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

denyray1
on 2/5/15 10:51 am

I was initially on omeprazole, but it wasn't working so they put me on dexalent (sp?). I am supposedly on the strongest dosage of that, but it still isn't working. It gets so bad at night that it comes up in waves and I've actually inhaled it a few times while I was sleeping. I just don't know what else is out there to help control it. I worry because the doctor also discovered that I have Barrett's esophagus. So yeah, all in all that is probably the reason I can't really eat right now. It just coincided with the rain so I was hoping there was some freaky weather related answer lol.

Tracy D.
on 2/5/15 9:54 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I had to go on 40mg of Protonix, sometimes twice a day in the beginning.  Now I'm really worried about you.  Typically, people with bad reflux and Barrett's esophagus can't even get the VSG because it makes the conditions worse.  A friend of mine developed these problems after a year post-op and ended up having a revision to RNY.  The acid was desteroying her stomach and people with Barrett's are much more likely to develope esophageal cancer.  

This is SERIOUS!  Please, please, please don't accept anything less than full remission from all your symptoms.  Call your doctor now and get this resolved.  Let us know what they say!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active