Chocolate Protein Powder Question??

Karen H.
on 2/5/15 8:26 am
VSG on 12/08/14

I am craving hot chocolate..... which protein powder works well with almond milk to make hot chocolate? I used injury chocolate but soon realized it doesn't work well heated up,,,, too many lumps and chunks left on top. If you drink hot chocolate,.... which powder do you use? Any tips? Thanks!!

KarenH

jenn1469
on 2/5/15 8:39 am

You mix first with cold milk like less than

half the milk your gonna use mix w

protien set aside heat the rest of milk

than put the mixture w hot milk and stir

Jennifer

ShrinkingViolet2013
on 2/5/15 9:09 am

Designer Whey also works well.  That being said, the trick for any of these powders is to not heat the liquid up too much, or it will cause all those lumps.  Stir really well when cold, and then gently warm it.  Enjoy!

Karen H.
on 2/6/15 5:53 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Thanks!! I'm learning! 

KarenH

Bufflehead
on 2/5/15 9:56 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

HealthSmart (aka Pantry Selections aka some other brand names, it just depends on the website where you find it) makes a hot chocolate protein powder that is designed to be mixed with hot liquid. It won't clump as long as the liquid isn't actually boiling.

I mix 4 oz almond milk and 4 oz water, heat in a ceramic mug in the microwave for about 1:45. Then I transfer the hot almond milk/water mixture to my immersion blender beaker, add in the hot chocolate protein powder and any other mix-ins I might want (Torani syrups can be used to make peppermint hot chocolate, gingerbread hot chocolate, etc. -- you can also add in a half packet of FF, SF hot chocolate to make it even chocolatey-er for only 10 additional calories!). Blend with my immersion blender and return to the same ceramic mug, which is still nice and warm. Top with a dollop of FF whipped cream. Delicious!

Hot chocolate protein powder

That's a link to the plain hot chocolate flavor, but you can also find many other flavors such as amaretto hot chocolate, cinnamon hot chocolate, and marshmallow. They have a variety box too so that you can experiment and see what you like best. I generally stick to the plain hot chocolate and add in my own extra flavors though.

tky112414
on 2/5/15 9:59 am

order from

bariatric choice---wonderslim creamy hot chocolate-----very yummy!

LK85
on 2/5/15 12:17 pm
VSG on 12/30/14

I can't ever get protein powder to heat up well so if I'm in the mood for a hot chocolate I use the pre-made shakes (like Premier) and heat them up. No temp requirements, no lumps, just pure yumminess!

ElizaM
on 2/5/15 9:45 pm
VSG on 07/24/14

I've never had any luck heating up protein powder. So I just make hot chocolate and enjoy it as a beverage. I heat up unsweetened almond milk, whisk in cocoa powder, add a pinch of salt and sweeten with liquid splenda. Sometimes I add a dash of cream! I make Mexican hot chocolate and add cayenne. It's great!

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

janet928
on 2/5/15 11:25 pm, edited 2/5/15 11:26 pm

I use swiss miss diet hot cocoa. If I want extra protein, I will take a half scoop of chocolate protein powder and mix it with a small amount of warm (not hot ) water or your almond milk. Shake it up and add to the prepared hot cocoa. I never curdles that way.

Karen H.
on 2/6/15 5:50 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Thanks!!! I'll try that!  

KarenH

Most Active