Tomorrow is my turn...

Jack Allen
on 2/8/15 8:21 pm - Leesburg, VA

3 day liquid diet - Day 1 not too bad during the day but at night pretty hungary, went to bed at 830-9pm just to get the day over with, woke up 5 times to pee overnight, Day 2 - Not too bad and first then the WLS gods looked down on me and gave me J E L L O (ahhhhhhhhhh) great God in heaven I love jello and quite satisfying. Went to see the SpongeBob movie with my kids last night.  Very good!

Today last day of my pre-s diet and I am at work. I have my water, protein shakes, and a huge tub of JELLO (ahhhhhhhhh)!

So tomorrow is my day! 12:30 surgery.

What's going through my head right now:

Hope I survive the surgery.  I know I'm healthy because every square inch of me has been checked to do this surgery. I walk 3 miles daily, but I haven't lost that much pre-surgery weight which concerns me. Even on the liquid diet I've only lost like 5 lbs. What will it be like after? I hope I do well. I hope the band removal isn't too hard and takes too long. I hope they can get it out in 45 min and then another 45 to do the sleeve and I'm done.

Tomorrow will be interesting.  Nothing after mid-night tonight.  Wake up, want the kids to the bus, hang around, go to the hospital, hang around some more, finally get the IV going and give me the good relaxing stuff. I think I might take a zanex in the am to keep the nerves down tomorrow morning.

I will try and check in when I can Tuesday evening.

I met the assistant surgeon last week and she was nice.  My Dr doesn't have the best bed side manor but he's got the best reputation and lowest leak and complications statistics in our area. So I know he is good.

I just want to be waking up after it is all done.

47 yrs old (feel 25) 6'6" tall, 1/10/2015 = 340,  highest weight = 360, VSG scheduled 2/11/2015

BrendaRae
on 2/8/15 8:29 pm
VSG on 01/13/15

Good  morning ! You will  do great and soon you will be on your way to a healthier you! I had the same concerns ,  told the anesthesiologist  to please let me wake up. He assured me that I would be fine because he had 3 kids in medical school  and needed his job... I looked at my husband  and asked if that was supposed to make me feel better. Lol... good luck  and see you on the loser side.

Jack Allen
on 2/8/15 8:32 pm - Leesburg, VA

Im going to tell my anesthesiologist 2 things:

1 - make sure I stay asleep

2 - make sure I wake up

47 yrs old (feel 25) 6'6" tall, 1/10/2015 = 340,  highest weight = 360, VSG scheduled 2/11/2015

BrendaRae
on 2/8/15 8:38 pm, edited 2/8/15 8:38 pm
VSG on 01/13/15

Do you have your mouth moisturizer ?  Most are not allowed to have anything to drink after surgery. You  can stop by Walmart on the way, its in the mouthwash section . It's truly a lifesaver. A tiny squirting and you don't have that dry mouth and you won't feel thirsty. Made by biotene

Atlanta_Forever
on 2/8/15 9:16 pm
VSG on 03/17/14

Best of luck today! I'm sure the morning will crawl by, but you can snooze the rest of the day away. I highly recommend taking something for your nerves in the am....if it's dr approved!

StephK10
on 2/8/15 10:08 pm

Will be thinking of you tomorrow!  Good luck!

Height: 5'7" HighW: 266 SSW: 253 Surgery date: 11/17/14 CW 165.4

(FIRST GOAL OF 170 REACHED 6/30/15)  NEW GOAL: 159 (BMI of "normal")

M1: 24 M2: 15 M3: 11  M4: 10  M5: 8  M6: 8 M7: 5 M8: 3 M9: 3

rachk776
on 2/9/15 12:55 am

Good Luck!

tporter109
on 2/9/15 1:09 am

Good luck!  Everything will go great.

Pamela M.
on 2/9/15 1:30 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Very best of luck to you.  My surgeon has HORRIBLE bedside manners but, like you, I chose the surgeon with the best track record.  You will be do great if you have a good surgeon.  Take the Zanex - I did and it really helped.  I'll never forget walking to surgery area (it was a long walk over a skywalk) and I kept saying - this is saving your life, saving your life . . . just like going to the dentist . . . not fun but necessary.  For the return, it is the BEST thing I have EVER done for myself.  Six months later and down 66 lbs.  You will love your new life!  The first 2-3 weeks are a challenge but you CAN DO IT!  Check back in with us when you feel up to it.  Godspeed!

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/15 3:28 am

Best of luck! I'm sure all will go well.

Also, don't stress about the pre op weight loss. You've only been on liquids for two days. 5 pounds in two days is dandy! You'll do great once sleeved and eating 500 calories a day.

Most Active