Muesli

JoeyJo
on 2/8/15 12:45 am - NJ
rocky513
on 2/8/15 12:55 am - WI

Your doctor told you to not worry about carbs and calories and focus on getting your protein in because if you eat dense protein (chicken breast, steak, etc.) you would not have enough room for many carbs.  Muesli is VERY high in carbs.  Adding protein powder doesn't make it any better.  High carbs will slow or stop your weight loss.  The choice is yours to make, but I would not add a carb heavy meal to my day until  I reached goal and, even then, I would make it an occasional treat.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Chilipepper
on 2/8/15 1:17 am

There probably won't be a lot of volunteers around here with recipes for muesli and trail mix, because that goes against everything everyone is taught preop and post op. Oats are pure carbs and our bodies burn carbs for energy. That is why we cut out the carbs so our bodies burn our own energy stores(fat) for energy. Adding carbs to your diet will ensure you never reach goal. Honey is pure sugar.   

I think instead of making trail mix you should spend the time educating your nut on post op life for WLS patients. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active