TOMORROW TOMORROW TOMORROW.....

psren13
on 3/10/15 8:49 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Well, here it is the evening before my surgery... FINALLY.  I am not nervous a little excited.  I have done so much research  on many sites and feel prepared.  I am sitting here saying bye bye to the rotund belly that has been with me for many years   Good bye dear belly.  It is one companionship that I won't miss.  It is almost sureal reflecting on all I have read and the before and after pictures and to think that I might just be one of them.  It is hard to really imagine being anything other than round and fluffy.  GOSH, I am on my way to a different body.  Will my mindset adjust or just see the old me when I look in the mirror?  When you have been large for so many years it is really difficult to imagine smaller as a reality not just a daydream or fantasy but a true reality.  WOW.. Yep I am getting more excited as I type this.  Come on WEDNESDAY.... Now what do I take with me to the hospital?  Will I need my own gatorade?  I do have my "sippy" cups to take.  Won't need any of my own meds, right?  (already have either liquid or a pill crusher).  toothbrush.. I know... drink drink drink...walk walk walk.. Oh do I need to take my Miralax or my chewable vitamin or my gas x?  definitely my altoids (poop breath my granddaughter says).  what else?? Help me out here?  WHEW.... 

Joanna B
on 3/10/15 9:28 am - MI
VSG on 03/12/15

YAY! I am excited for you!! My surgery is on Thursday and am excited to get this started!!

Best of luck tomorrow =]

Cliff P.
on 3/10/15 10:30 am
VSG on 03/12/15

Joanna

Good luck with your surgery. Mine is the same day...i have to be there at 6:00am.. can't wait.

Cliff

mickeymantle
on 3/10/15 9:39 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

all you need is a change of undies and a pillow for the ride home , the hospital supplies  everything else 

they will only let you eat what they bring you and take there meds not any you bring , there gowns work the best and they have slipper socks that work ok  they have soap , shampoo, conditioner ,tooth brush and paste

they have a phone , and most tell you not to bring your own phone or tablet unless someone is there to watch it

gas x does nothing for the gas the inject into you and you will not need miralax or vits

I hated the liquid vits and calcium  and was able to take large pills with no problem my first day after surgery in the hospital

forget books you will not read and don't bring any work that you will need to think about because you will be in a daze for a few days

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

MegZorar
on 3/10/15 10:23 am

Only a day away. So exciting. Good luck.

Stephsta
on 3/11/15 1:04 am

Good luck, all!  My surgery is on Monday.  Final history & physical tomorrow, pre-op appointment Friday, then....nervous weekend!  (And it shouldn't bother me because I work in surgery, BUT..... It's different when it's my own!)

Most Active