HERE I AM

psren13
on 3/14/15 1:46 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Had my surgery Wednesday the 11th.  All went well.  Came home Thursday evening.  Sleeping Thurs and Fri quite a bit.  No surprises.  I started my journey with a lot of education both in youtube and here.  Here on OH is where I gained the most education and advice.  I feel I was (am) well prepared for the rest of the journey.  I have done good about gas issues, a little pain in the chest occasionally.  Woke up yesterday morning with "poot poot poot".  Such a great noise to my ears and feeling to my body.  I know I am not doing the full 64 oz of liquids yet but doing ok.  My urine output is decent and pale.  I was 234 Wed morning and 228 this morning.  My son said it was just "stomach" weight.  LOL.  I am taking some protein in with the WHEY liquid protein tube (walmart.. 6 tubes for about $15.) contains 42gms protein in 3.8oz.  Doesnt taste great but not too bad considering the benefit.  Also a chewable flinstone w iron vitamin.  When I first came home, my 10 year old granddaughter had made me something to eat, some of my favorites, tuna with cottage cheese and applesauce and vanilla pudding.  I tried to explain to her that i was getting my nourishment through liquids right now.  She ate the dinner for me.  Last night she told her mother that she was afraid that I was going to die of starvation because I wasn't eating any food.. So I tried to explain more to her.  So not quite as prepared as I though.  All in all, it is going good for now.  When I feel that little "twinge" in my belly, drink some water or juice.  Y'all have been tremendous help to me.. Thank you

mickeymantle
on 3/14/15 3:02 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

sounds like you doing great just keep walking and try to up the liquids the protein drinks count so does ice pops and jello

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

VSGjohn23
on 3/14/15 3:02 am

Congrats on your journey so far. I too have watched YouTube clips and read OH to prepare for my vsg surgery less then 2 weeks away. I feel like I'm giving up on an old friend, but that friend has lead me to nighttime chestpains, heartburn, sleep apneia, low energy, and low self asteem. I need to do this and I know we'll both be happier one year from now.

Valerie G.
on 3/14/15 3:35 am, edited 3/14/15 3:35 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Have your granddaughter help by making beverages for you.  Don't forget that 64oz is your minimum goal and she can help you track that and feel helpful.  Put her in charge or reminding you to take sips and make up drinking games. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views