I am still here just been busy

Missourimedic
on 4/14/15 8:15 am
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Well April 6th was my 6 month mark and I was down 125 pounds!!! I have no regrets what so ever of having the surgery. A lot has happened in my life since my surgery and all of it has been bad but some good. I was given a verbal warning by my boss for allowing the guy that works with me do something he was not allowed to do. Then someone reported to the state licensing board that I did this and they opened up a investigation a full month after it happened . So my board of directors suspended from my job for 30 days or until the out come from the state was given and when no judgment was handed down they I was fired.  Work did not contest my unemployment but the state has so I have appealed it and am having a appeal hearing on Thursday. I have as one of my witness my Medical Director that is going to state that if I did not do what I did and work as a team the patient could have died. My partner that was also fired wants to sue our ex employer but I don't know if that would be a good thing to do with my licensee being under review at this time. 

But anyway my weight stalled for like 5 weeks when this all first started and I gained like 5 pound back, I started going back to church and have been talking with my pastor several times a week and have gotten back on track with my weight loss and weighted my self today and I am down 129 pounds in just over 6 1/4 months!!!

It is hard not having a pay check coming in for the last 10 weeks but I have been getting by but do need things to change for me soon.

Thank you all for listening and good luck to all that are having the surgery.

By the way my sister has had the surgery and is down 30 pounds in a month and my mom is currently working to get the surgery done. But has to have her lapband removed they are checking to see if they can do it all at the same time, it is a insurance things.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/14/15 8:22 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I am SO HAPPY that you posted!  I've been wondering how things are going for you.  Sounds like your weight loss has been very successful 

Sorry to hear about the work issues.  Don't let the added stress derail your progress.  You should post some updated photos.  YAY!!!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Missourimedic
on 4/14/15 8:53 am
VSG on 10/06/14 with

yes I will try and do so and thank you for the support.

GoBlueGirl1998
on 4/14/15 9:08 am - MI

Sorry about the work issues, I hope you get everything straightened out!

Now onto the good news, congrats on your success! You had a stressful few weeks there! So glad to hear you're back on track!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Joanna B
on 4/14/15 9:39 am - MI
VSG on 03/12/15

Sorry that you are having so many issues with work =[

On the flip side, you are doing fantastic with your weight loss!!! That is wonderful news!!! 

lianna
on 4/14/15 10:57 am - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

I truly hope that all the stress from your job situation resolves itself soon.  You are doing phenomenal with the weight loss, so hopefully everything will come together with just as much of a positive outcome for you! 

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

Mary Gee
on 4/14/15 10:01 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Glad to see your post ..... I was wondering about you just the other day.

Congratulations on your weight loss to date - hope things continue to go well there.

With regard to work, sorry to hear about those problems........hope things resolve soon.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Tracy D.
on 4/15/15 2:35 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I've been wondering what happened to you!  Sounds like you've been through the wringer with the whole work thing - so sorry about that 

Glad to hear about your weight loss success, though.  Know that yu can get through anything and that there's got to be something even better for you around the corner! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Missourimedic
on 4/15/15 3:09 am
VSG on 10/06/14 with

yes things will work them self out in HIS time not mine. I have gotten back on track of my weight loss program. The VA is whole heartily and super surprised of the results from my surgery that I had out of the country. They still don't indorse me going down to Mexico to have it  do but there attitude has done a 180 degree turn.  have loss my insurance and now use the VA as my primary insurance and have had all my blood work done for my 6 month point and only issue is my iron is low and my white blood cell count has increased over the last 12 month from 13.5 to 17 which they are watching very closely, and testing me for. I had a HEP and HIV tests run last week at the VA and they all came back negative.

I want to thank everyone on here for your support when I had none and for all the well wishes. Be advised I will always be lurking in the back ground reading post and thinking about them everyday, I  just may not post as much because of my current happenings in life.

sleevedin2014
on 4/16/15 4:00 pm

I usually lurk and don't post much.  But I was also wondering what happened to you.  I am very sorry for the loss of your job.  But I am very thrilled with your weight loss. I pray the work issue and lack of money coming in resolve in a positive manner very soon.  Meanwhile, keep up the good work with the weight loss.  Very proud of you. 

Most Active