I can't win!

megan.sherman
on 4/16/15 5:25 am
VSG on 05/17/14

I posted a couple weeks ago about an abscess I had that was surgically drained and the antibiotics made me feel terrible for two weeks.  Now that I am off of them, I was anticipating feeling better but I feel worse.  I am 99% sure that I have a c-diff infection.  I had one after my VSG surgery and it's not something that you soon forget.  I had two courses of Flagyl and while I was taking it, I was fine.  A few days after stopping it, the symptoms would start again.  I finally had a course of Vancomycin that finally got rid of it.  I was taking Flagyl and Cipro after my abscess surgery and I fear that the Flagyl kept the c-diff symptoms at bay and now that I'm not on it any more, it's gaining steam.  I dropped a fecal sample off this morning to be tested but I will be completely surprised if it's not c-diff.  If it's not, I will have to do something else to find out why I am in the bathroom 10+ times a day.  In the last two days alone I have lost four pounds, I have never felt so unhealthy, even when I was 350 lb and could barely walk up a flight of stairs!

Tracy D.
on 4/16/15 5:31 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Oh no, Megan!!  This sounds horrible - I'm really sorry you're going through all of this.  It totally sucks 

Part of me hopes it is C-diff just so you get a quick answer to the problem.  ((hugs)) to you, kiddo! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

mmsmom
on 4/16/15 5:34 am - Woburn, MA

My husband had c-diff after being in the hospital.  I ordered bleach germicidal wipes (with real bleach) on Amazon and wiped everything twice a day for weeks  - obviously the bathroom and everything in it as well as things like the remote and anything you touch.  (Also order latex gloves).  It was alot of work but it got rid of it.  One spore can bring it back.  Good luck, I know it's miserable!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active