Mexico tomorrow.. surgery in two days... eek!

GabyStP0126
on 4/21/15 12:57 pm - Edmonton, Canada

Hey guys! So dang 6 months ago I got my surgery date (april 23) and I can't believe it's finally here! I travel to Tijuana tomorrow and then I have my surgery the next day! I have so many emotions running through me: excitement, nervousness, happiness, fear of regret, etc. This is my first surgery ever. And I'm only 20 so I keep thinking like do I want to deal with this for the rest of my life?? But on the other hand I do NOT want to be the big girl forever and I know I cannot lose the weight without this tool (believe me i've tried 5 billion times over). I'm so ready to feel good in my own skin, but i'm just so nervous that 5 years+ down the road I'm going to regret it cause this is a big deal.

I donno I know these emotions are normal and I bet I will love it and everything will feel normal again eventually, Im just so bad when it comes to change, but I want this so bad. So ya I just came here for some support from y'all VSG veterans ;)

Ps... for any of you who traveled to Mexico for surgery, what did you say at US customs/the border? Im from canada and im flying to San Diego and then driving to Tijuana. DO I tell the truth and say Im going to mexico for weight loss surgery or should I just say Im here for vacation? haha

20 | Canadian | VSG 04/23/15

tstowe
on 4/21/15 1:43 pm

I'm not Canadian but I flew in to San Diego and there no one on the border going into Mexico and coming out... they didn't ask why we were there.

Sandra F.
on 4/22/15 2:39 am

I had surgery in Tijuana.  Best thing to do is to be honest with border security as if you are not, they will think you are suspicious.  I have traveled to Mexico many times.

Gwen M.
on 4/22/15 5:14 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy healing!  Walk and sip as much as possible :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active