WLS Newbie

TracieLeigh
on 4/19/15 2:43 pm

Hi, everyone!  I'm Tracie and I am new to weight loss surgery.  I am currently working on all of my pre-op requirements.  If everything goes well, I will be having gastric sleeve surgery in August.  I'm here to gain some insight about wls, make some friends, and hopefully get and give support to other wls patients.  I'm sure I'll post a lot of questions as time progresses, and I just wanted to take the time to say hello.  Thank you for taking the time to read this and may you have a fantastic day!

Luvmygs
on 4/20/15 1:11 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Hi Tracie and welcome to OH! You'll find this to be a very helpful site. I also watched alot of Dr. Alvarez's video's on youtube prior to my surgery. He answered alot of questions I had regarding the Sleeve. This will be the BEST thing you ever do for yourself.  Christine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqBgiiV9hUQ

psren13
on 4/20/15 3:01 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

YouTube and Dr. Alvarez got my search and inquisitions under way.  Then I discovered this site and forum.  I was pretty well informed and so very ready when I had my VSG 3-11-15.  This forum is so very helpful and everyone is willing to share -- so welcome aboard to probably the most fantastic journey you are about to undertake.  It isn't easy but oh so worth it.  Health is something that should be #1 because it is so rewarding what you can do when it is achieved.  Feel free to also check out profiles and read blog entries and check out the before and after pictures for inspiration.  Good luck.. Pam

TracieLeigh
on 4/20/15 2:35 pm

Hi, Pam!  Thank you for the warm welcome!  Health is definitely my #1 - I am tired of not having the energy to do things, I want to avoid the obesity related health issues, and I want to have a "normal" life.  I feel proud that even in my pre-op diet I have had success.  How are things going for you since you are only about a month post-op?

TracieLeigh
on 4/20/15 2:18 pm

Hi, Christine!  Thank you for the warm welcome.  I am glad that I can talk to so many people on here and learn so much!  I am truly excited to make this positive change in my life.  Was Dr. Alvarez your doctor or was he just a doctor you found on youtube to watch?

Luvmygs
on 4/22/15 12:14 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

No, Dr. Alvarez was not my surgeon. I found him on youtube by accident. I totally enjoy watching his video's. Very informative. I'm from California and I had Dr. Estarkhri. WONDERFUL surgeon!

Paula1965
on 4/20/15 2:23 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Welcome and congratulations on your decision to become healthier! I'm pretty much a newbie myself -  2 1/2 weeks post-op.

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

TracieLeigh
on 4/20/15 2:37 pm

Hi, Paula!  Thank you for the warm welcome!  How are things going for you so far in post-op?

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/20/15 4:40 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Welcome to the VSG forum!  

It's been a great success for me.  I hope everything works out with your time frame and you can start enjoying the benefits of WLS soon.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

TracieLeigh
on 4/20/15 2:42 pm

Hi, Mo!  Thank you for the warm welcome!  I hope everything works out well (now I'm just waiting for the official approval from my insurance company) and I can move forward with surgery.  I see you had your surgery in 2013 - what are some pointers that you have for me now in pre-op and also when I am post-op?

Most Active