Hello Again

CincySlvd
on 4/22/15 4:06 am - OH
VSG on 04/24/12

My three year anniversary is this month which reminded me that I haven't posted on here in forever.  I could not be happier with my sleeve. I'm still working on losing some more weight but I'm down 155 from my max, 126 from my pre-surgery weight.

This forum was very helpful to me prior to surgery (questions, fears, etc.)  So if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to give back by answering anything I can.

ipray
on 4/22/15 5:31 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank youH for offering your help. It is wonderful to hear that you are so happy with your sleeve at 3 years out. Happy anniversary and nice hearing from you!

Gwen M.
on 4/22/15 5:45 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Congrats on your success so far!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

psychoticparrot
on 4/22/15 9:23 am

I'm only 3 months post-op, but I have a question. I'm motivated right now and have been adhering to the rules and expect to for a long time. But what should I do if/when the motivation falters, as I know it will from time to time. What strategies do you use to keep on track?

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

CincySlvd
on 4/23/15 12:02 am - OH
VSG on 04/24/12

For the first year losing weight was easy.  It just kept coming off.  That made it easy to stay on track.  After a year I plateaued.  And actually ended up about 10 lbs heavier than my lowest weight for about a year and a half before I got pissed at myself and realized that I'd been given an opportunity that I couldn't waste.  Until this point I never measured, or tracked calorie intake, and I didn't work out.  A few months ago I thought I'd give it a try since the medical folks pu**** so hard.  I've lost another 26 lbs in the last three months just by getting my ass to the gym and monitoring my calorie intake.  Tracking calories really does help you make better choices, and now I can have things that are bad for me and not feel guilty because I plan my calories to accommodate that treat.

Running helps also.  I know, running sucks.  I started running using a couch to 5k program and could barely run 1 minute when I started.  Now I'm running over 3 miles-non-stop, consistently and frequently.

Keep up the good work and if you start to let up, just get pissed at yourself!

psychoticparrot
on 4/23/15 4:15 am

Thanks for your advice. In a way, it's good to know even long-time sleevers can get lax, because I know there will be times when I get bored or am too busy to take the time to measure, track, and exercise. It's even better to know that getting pissed at myself is a good motivator (or, if I don't get pissed off, my husband certainly will. ).

Unfortunately, I can't run (63yo, cranky knees), but I love to walk and swim. If I throw in some weight training, I'll have a decent exercise program.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active