Random feeling on left side???

rissa1224
on 5/7/15 9:47 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Soooo I had my vsg 12/2012 and im down about 111 (yea I gained a few but im losing again!)

The past few months I have been feeling this odd feeling occasionally on my left frontal side (not my legit left side but left side of my abdomen) a few weeks ago I felt REALLY uncomfortable so I made an apt for my regular doctor. I hoped it wasn't a hernia - he felt around and said he didn't feel anything. He said since I have been working out more intense lately and the fact I had my VSG then gallbladder and then appendix all with in 9 months time its scar tissue that's irritated. Well I don't really feel comfortable with that answer.

Today while eating lunch (cold cut roll up and partial yogurt) I feel that uncomfortable feeling again and I just don't want to eat anymore. Got a nauseous feeling that lasted like 10 seconds. I made an apt with a different bariatric surgeon in my area since mine moved to Jersey City which is like an hour drive with out traffic. Has anyone felt weirdness? Its kind of hard to explain, it doesn't "hurt" and it isn't all the time but sometimes I feel it more when I eat.

Thanks!

Amy M.
on 5/7/15 6:43 pm - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I still get pain where my gallbladder used to be.  It's the same discomfort I had when I wound up in the emergency room with a gallbladder infection only it's not quite as painful.  It's more of a dull uncomfortable feeling.  Is this what you're experiencing?  I asked my primary doc about it and did some research.  Apparently it's quite common for people to still feel gallbladder pain when they have no gallbladder.  My doc said it could be discomfort caused by bile hitting my small intestine.  I'm not seeing my surgeon until August and the pain is very sporadic so I figured I can hold out until then.  

I'm not saying this is what you're experiencing, but it's something to ask your doctor about. 

rissa1224
on 5/8/15 9:30 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Thanks! I will mention it to the doctor next week. Could be. Apparently I was 'filled' with stones. I had an attack at work one day (I was not even 3 full months post VSG). No idea what happened, had an ultrasound and boom surgery the following week. My appendix surgery (happened 9 months post op) was funny because after it - the surgeon told me that somehow my appendix and part of the intestine was attached to the lining of my inside wall which is abnormal LOL. So who knows what could be going on. But thanks!

Dev *.
on 5/8/15 9:40 am - Austin, TX

It's possible that, if he had to detach the intestine from the abdominal wall (may have been an adhesion), a new adhesion or stricture could be forming.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 47 views