11 months out and how life has changed

TeressaJ
on 5/25/15 2:33 pm

I'm 11 months post op today. I've been at goal, and under, for a little over a month now. My health problems, high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, etc., are all gone. In fact, at my last appointment I had LOW blood pressure!  I no longer fill up a plate on holidays like today. Instead, I stay the course.  I'm noticing I feel greater restriction at times of stress, so there are still days when I don't eat enough. I can, however, eat 5-6 ounces at a meal, which now seems like a lot. I feel very satisfied after most meals. My head still wants me to 'pig-fest' now and then, but my sleeve has final say. A year ago, my Memorial Day was spent over a giant plate of bbq with all the fixin's. This year, so far, it's been a nutrigrain bar. I'll eat more later.

Dan1962
on 5/25/15 3:37 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Its a great feeling when food is not the focal point of your life.  It allows you to focus on other stuff.  Today I had a breakfast of almonds as I was on the go, tuna for lunch and grilled chicken for dinner.  Because I have the energy and days like today don't bother me any longer, 86F here, I fished most of the day.  

Congratulations on your successful 11 months and I wish you years of continued success!

Goose Bump
on 5/27/15 8:50 am

Congrats! what an awesome feeling! 

VSG on 6/25/14  HW:360 GW:170  33yo 5'8''

Kathy S.
on 5/27/15 12:33 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active