Scales

Mary B.
on 5/28/15 12:52 pm - AZ
VSG on 04/23/15

I'm 5 weeks out.  I just bought a scale, the 1st digital one I ever had (They didn't make digital ones the last time I bought a scale).  I'm wondering if you get readings that differ up or down by a pound or more from last thing before bed until the 1st thing in the morning or in the time it takes for a shower.  Are these changes just due to the way digital scales work or did I get a lemon?   Maybe I should look for an old fashioned scale.

Age 63, HW 289, SW 273

wyo_sarah
on 5/28/15 1:28 pm

My experience is that scales vary like crazy.  From before bed to first thing in the morning lots of things happen in your body.  I have found that for my most consistent results I weigh at the same time every day.  I weigh first thing in the morning, naked, after I've used the bathroom, before I shower.  If I don't do it then, I don't do it at all, so my results are as consistent as possible.

Luvmygs
on 5/28/15 2:59 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

Mary, scales do vary. You should weigh yourself the same time. I do my weigh in's every morning, before I even take a shower. About once every three months I place my 9 lb weights to make sure its on track!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/28/15 4:08 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Your weight will fluctuate during the day.  It's best to weigh yourself at the same time everyday.  For me, it's after I shower every morning.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Mary B.
on 5/28/15 4:28 pm - AZ
VSG on 04/23/15

Thank you all.  I'll weigh myself in the morning. Next time I go to the doctor. I'll see how close my scale comes to his.

Age 63, HW 289, SW 273

Tracy D.
on 5/29/15 8:02 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

My digital scale is as consistent as my old-fashioned one was.  You will ALWAYS weigh more in the evening than you do in the morning.  In the morning you are dehydrated from 7-8 hours of sleeping, respiration and no drinking.  

My question to you: why are you weighing yourself multiple times a day?  Stop it - it will make you crazy.  If you must weigh daily then weigh at the same time and place every day and let that be the gospel.    

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

mickeymantle
on 5/29/15 8:12 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

make shore it has fresh batteries in it or it will give you weird  readings 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active