Need advice 2 weeks out tomorrow

G3andBsMOM
on 6/1/15 6:51 pm

I am 2 weeks out tomorrow and worried I can drink a premier protein shake over about 30 mins and not feel full and I just ate a Dannon light and fit yogurt and not feel full. Is this normal?  Is it because I'm healing and not as swollen any more? I'm still on mushy purée food.

vdeca
on 6/1/15 8:04 pm

I would definitely call your surgeon.  I'm at 5 weeks, and my surgeon will only let me drink 4-5 ounces of Premier Protein at a time, and I still can't physically eat an entire Danon light and fit.  

I remember about a week out, feeling like I was starving to death.  It is so hard, you just don't know what normal is, and no amount of searching the material or blogs really helps sometimes.  Hang in there.

I really don't get hungry.  I'll feel out of fuel, but not hungry.

WereYorkie
on 6/1/15 10:09 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

Your stomach has been reduced by nearly two-thirds... when they sliced into you, they severed nerves and they will not completely heal for several months. You won't know when you are full because the severed nerve ending can't tell you yet.

It is up to you to do what your doctor and NUT ordered you to do. I would call them and go over how slowly they want you to drink your fluids. My doc/NUT want me at 1 fluid ounce every fifteen minutes and this will gradually increase...

It's completely normal, but remember don't pu**** You don't want to mess up what you can't see internally.  Good luck! 

Highest Weight: 340 (7/2/14)  Initial Consult: 327.8 (2/24/15) Home Weigh In on Surgery Date: 291.8 (5/11/15) Today's Weight: 187.4 (5/20/16) Total So Far: 152.6 Pounds!!!!!!

"There's only us. There's only this... forget regret. Or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today."

Dan1962
on 6/2/15 3:48 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

DO NOT eat until you think you feel full!  Eat measured portions only.  It will help you in the long run.

Tracy D.
on 6/2/15 7:07 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

OK, first of all, there's no need to freak out.  At 2 weeks out I could drink a shake in 30 minutes and eat a yogurt and not feel "full".  You aren't going for "full" - you're going for eating on schedule and eating the amounts that you were instructed to eat.  Period. 

You aren't going to feel restriction for awhile.  The nerves in your stomach were cut and they take time to heal.  You'll start to feel restriction once you swtich to more protein dense foods (after the mushy stage).  

What you are experiencing is perfectly normal.  As the swelling goes down you'll notice that both eating AND drinking get much, much easier.  But again, stick to your prescribed plan and don't ever eat or drin****il you feel "full".  That means that you completely overdid it! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active