Made the call today! Appt with surgeon on 7/9

JennyC724
on 6/9/15 3:03 pm

I'm super excited! I have had a strange journey! I was banded in 2007, lost 90 pounds and loved it. But, the band caused severe autoimmune issues for me and I was sick for almost a year before I had it removed. I felt better immediately but of course with no restriction, I gained weight back. 

I was offered a revision to the sleeve when I had my band removed but I was so sick and miserable that I decided against it. Now I'm hoping that a sleeve will help me feel the way I did with my band, restricted enough to feel full with very little food. I am still down 40 pounds from my high before the band, but I'm really hoping to take off at least 80 more pounds with the sleeve.

I only have ONE CHOICE of surgeon because of my insurance, so I'm going to meet with him and see if I feel comfortable with him, and if he is comfortable dealing with my past history of weight loss surgery. I guess we'll go from there but it's very exciting to think that I could be back to feeling better and eating less soon.... :)

Jenny  294 HW/ 263 CW - awaiting approval for Sleeve scheduled 11/4/15
Banded 5/15/07 ,Tubing disconnect - surgical repair 4/22/08, Severe complications, band removed 10/10

Mary B.
on 6/10/15 5:18 pm - AZ
VSG on 04/23/15

I hope you feel good about the surgeon and he has no problem working with you.  Let us know how it goes.  Hopefully you'll be back on the loser's bench before long.  

Age 63, HW 289, SW 273

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views