Light & Fit Protein Shakes - YUMMMY but?

lil1inside
on 6/15/15 5:54 am
VSG on 07/10/13

I started making some protein shakes lately (getting back on track) with berries and such and I thought they were do able--not great.  Well I tried one of these new Light & Fit Protein Shakes and it was DELICIOUS!!!!! Only problem it has too many carbs in it.   Carbs must really be what makes things taste good.  I was hoping to get rid of the carbs for a while--I suppose they would be good if you're counting your carbs and can keep them at a certain amount.

At any rate, they are YUMMY!!!

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

Sandra F.
on 6/15/15 5:58 am

I am in the same boat.  I love Boost High Protein but they have way too many carbs and I find if I drink them anyway and allow this to be my major carb in-take for the day, I don't lose weight. 

lil1inside
on 6/15/15 7:50 am
VSG on 07/10/13

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing... Darn the luck!

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

Mary Gee
on 6/15/15 9:30 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

It's true -- it seems high carb foods are delicious -- but you have to learn how to make the new foods delicious.

FWIW, you might check out Eggface's site - she has dozens of shake recipes.  I've bought some sugar-free syrups from Torani and DaVinci (sp?) -- They have their own websites, or you can get them from Amazon; I also heard that Starbucks sells some syrups.  

I've learned so much here.  Like, I never knew that Dunkin' Donuts will make Lattes with s/f syrup and soy milk, and you can really get delicious s/f drinks from Starbucks.  Those are "special treats" for me, because they are expensive and my budget is limited.  But, when I want something special, there are options out there.  I do try to avoid fruit in my shakes - to many carbs.  And I use Almond Milk because it's lower carb/lower calories.

Lots to learn!!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views