Do Old Ways Get Old Results -- No Kidding

RhondaRoo
on 6/27/15 2:55 am - OH
It has been waayyy too long since I've been serious with my food choices---let it go for years, turning to the old ways of food emotion stuffs.

Let's see, where did that get me before? Obese -- at 256 lbs highest weight at a height of 5'2".

I had VSG 7.5 years ago -- and lost 100% EWL and kept it off for years.

3 years ago -- went mindless and stayed mindless. Where did that get me? Obese -- at 173 lbs as of today. I can feel it all over. I forgot how much the extra weight made my knees and ankles hurt.

Stoopid is doing the same thing expecting different results. It may be a scratch and climb journey to get back into right saddle -- but it is doable.

I shall re-engage starting right now: protein first, veggies next; get in at least 6 cups of water in addition to my other drinks. (I've only been drinking pop and coffee.) When I return home, I'll get back onto the vitamins (No gasps -- I've been checked by my dr. every 6 months and have not had issues yet.) I also know that exercise needs to be more intense and consistent for the emotional stuff to be better dealt with.

Side question: are there any oldies out there, anyone I may remember?

RhondaRoo
RhondaRoo 256/235.5/131.8/120.0
Never, Never, Never Give Up  --Winston Churchill

alicefive
on 6/27/15 9:43 am

I only had my WLS 18 months ago but I lost 70 pounds at the 14 month mark. For the last four months I have been out of control and put 10 pounds back on.  So I am with you. Starting today I am back on the program. I went through too much to get here. I refuse to let this beat me!  You have too.

You can do it!

ThinLizzy
on 6/27/15 10:06 am - Benicia, CA

Hi, Rhonda,

I'm here sporadically..nice to see you. Working to get 5-10 lbs off myself. I find it gets harder, not easier, the further out we get! You can do this...

Lizanne

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

RhondaRoo
on 6/29/15 8:26 am - OH
Liz,

I remember you. It is harder - thanks for the encouragement.

Roo

psychoticparrot
on 6/27/15 10:51 am

Your post reminded me of the old saying, "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got."

Good luck.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Sutterbos
on 6/28/15 1:20 pm
VSG on 06/21/12

Hi, Rhonda,

Your screen name looks familiar - I've been here for 3 years so don't know if we chatted before.  Congrats on getting back on track.  I had some big slips this past year as well - work was unbelievably stressful last spring/summer and I remember the day I said "screw it - hand me a nutter butter." 

I completely empathize with that "feeling fat again" feeling, but I have noticed that getting back to basics works just as well now as it did right after surgery.  The VSG is an amazing tool - lost 9 pounds in about 10 days just getting back to high protein, no sugar, lots of water, plenty of sleep, and 1-5 miles of walking every day.  Was never hungry once the sugar was out of my system.

You can do this!  What do you need from us?

RhondaRoo
on 6/29/15 8:28 am - OH
wow -- thanks for your words.

What do you need from us? This sentence has been very thought provoking!

I know I'll find everything I need -- support, advice, correction, compassion. I guess what I really lack is myself plugging back in to the lifestyle.

Laura in Texas
on 6/29/15 3:33 am

Hi, Rhonda!! I remember you. 

You can do this!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Brandi D
on 7/6/15 8:31 pm

Hey mama! I went from 272 down to 145.. Then three pregnancies.... two miscarriages.. and addiction struggles.. . I'm back at 235-240... I'm 5'7..

Definitely struggle....

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
Most Active