Am I Too Old

oceans_waves
on 7/1/15 9:21 pm

No your not too old! I am 60 too. I just had my surgery on May 4. The only problem I had was, I went from lap band to sleeve 2 yrs later and from a pocket left from l.b. old blood pooled there , so my insicion opened up and kept draining till all blood was out. This happened after 2 weeks. So far so good other wise.

spuddzy
on 7/2/15 6:17 am - NY

I switch to sleeve from having lap band in dec. and I'm 71 yrs. young....I never felt so good. everyone comments to me saying how wonderful I look. Age is a number....I look in my 50's and feel it...

spuddzy

karin602
on 7/4/15 7:01 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I was 62 and after considering options decided on rny instead of vsg. I had diabetes taking both insulin and byetta injections. Rny has best chances of putting it in remission. Doc says once diabetic always diabetic but am completely off all diabetic meds and a1c of 5 . Don't worry about your age. Never too old to be healthy and you are definitely not old. 

Karin

Alese M.
on 7/4/15 8:32 pm - FL

Hi ..

Your definitely NOT to old.  I was 70 yo when I had my sleeve 2 yrs ago and love life and feel so much better.  I am 5'4.5" having shrunk from osteoporosis from 5'7"...I weighed 235 #.  It took me less than a year to lose the 100+ lbs..no exercise.  I did go down to 125# but that was too skinny for me, yes, at my age!  You still are young enuf to take advantage of your skin's elasticity of bouncing back.  Let's face it, at a much younger age, that would have eliminated any wrinkles but at 60 yo you should do VERY well. 

Good luck and don't think twice about it...GO DO IT!

alese

alese in SE FL    

Pamela M.
on 7/7/15 10:49 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

I will be 60 years old in September and I am 10 months post-op.  I have lost 78 lbs. and have 10 more to go before reaching goal.  You are NOT TOO OLD for surgery!  It's the best thing I have ever done for myself!  I just wish I had had the surgery 20 years ago.  I feel the best I have felt since I was 30 years old.  It's hard to describe the happiness and positive results.  Go for it!

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 46 views