X-Post, we have moved to Aurora CO and need a support group

Linda B.
on 7/3/15 8:55 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Some of you know that DH (Mike B) and I are further out and at goal, but we want to keep it that way. We have participated in, and co-led (for the past year) a support group since we were pre-op. Now, we are in Aurora and we need the accountability of a support group. If you know of one, please let us know.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/15 11:55 pm

Congrats, Linda!

Just going to add that the greater Denver area - Lakewood, Wheat Ridge, Arvada, Westminster, Thornton, and Aurora would all be good places to suggest for Linda and Mike, too.

I found an old post of Slimpickins5280 and replied to her asking her for suggestions for you. Her settings are set to private, so I can't PM her, but hopefully she'll get back to either you are me.

Hi to Mike!

Kiwideb
on 7/4/15 1:06 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

Linda: Dr Chae's nutritionist run a support group at SkyRidge Hospital once per month. I want to say the third Thursday of the month. I will go look up the contact details.

she also runs one at St Joes down town, but depending on where you are in Aurora then SkyRidge would be closest?

frisco
on 7/4/15 1:08 pm

Congrats on the move !!!

Me thinks you and Mike should run your own group.

At your stage and knowledge base, sharing your story and being up front is a great form of accountability.

Maybe find a bariatric program that is synergistic to what you believe in and work it out.

I've been to several groups and to be honest..... some groups are actually more harmful than beneficial to the process.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Kiwideb
on 7/4/15 1:21 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

Found the info!

http://www.nationalbariatrics.com/weight-loss-surgery-suppor t-groups

They are a good group of people IMO. Mainly VSG and Bypass, but a couple of regular band attendees. Dr Chae has just started doing vBloc too - the first in the state as I understand it - so I'm sure we'll see some them as time goes on. 

Most Active