5 DAY POUCH TEST

starry957
on 7/12/15 8:16 pm

I have briefly passed over other threads about this...but now I'm actually interested.  I know it's not some type of a miracle...but I would like to do the 5 day pouch test as a way to shock myself back on track.....I just don't have the specifics about what to eat and what not to eat, etc.....

Could someone post the specifics about the 5 day pouch test here? 

Thanks,

K

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Mary Gee
on 7/13/15 8:20 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I wouldn't bother with it myself, from what I've read.  But if you want info, just use the search feature (the magnifying glass at the top of the page) and enter "five day pouch test" -- you'll find all the info you need.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Grim_Traveller
on 7/13/15 8:51 am
RNY on 08/21/12

You don't have a pouch. You can't shock yourself with protein shakes. Just start eating what you are supposed to be eating.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/13/15 6:54 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

From what I've seen on the other posts here it sounds like it's a modified version of the stages you go thru right after surgery. I don't know the specifics, but I think it's 1 or 2 days of liquids, followed by pureed food, then soft food, then regular dense protein food.

One caveat, you don't have a pouch, & this is really more of a fad diet. It really only serves maybe as a mental motivator rather than anything physical like jump starting your diet. Me, I was more than happy to get past those stages.

Why work backwards? Start with the basics & do a protein forward diet. You really don't want to fall into the trap of constantly dieting back to the day after surgery every time your weight loss stalls or you fall off track.

Your in good company when it comes to falling off track. Maybe instead of doing the mental thing with the 5dpt, why not work with a therapist? You'll get much longer lasting results than anything a 5dpt can do for you mentally. 

Good Luck on your weight loss journey.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Chilipepper
on 7/13/15 7:12 pm

You just need to carb detox for a few days. Don't do liquid you will just be unsatisfied, hungry and miserable. Just eat pure protein. Meat seafood and poultry along with eggs and cheese. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views