sore throat around my uvual?? only top part is red and irritated could it be from surgery?

gwen41539
on 7/17/15 12:39 pm - kimper, KY

I noticed it Wednesday it started being sore my husband said it looked raw not like strep I tried calling my Dr today he wasn't it it isn't getting worse or spreading just raw feeling could it be from liquid loratab? I have taken it about 5 times since Tuesday anyone's else have this??

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

MAchick
on 7/17/15 2:44 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

Not saying this is what it is, but people are intubated during surgeries. I've had plenty of patients with sore throats post-op.

Amber2280
on 7/17/15 4:50 pm

Any fever, cold symptoms, swollen lymph nodes, or white patches in the back of your throat?

Any of these along with the painful sore throat would make me more suspicious of Strep...

but if not, then my first thought is that your throat was already irritated from the intubation and now something you are eating or drinking is irritating it more. It very well could be your Loratab. I would reccomend gargling with warm sal****er a couple times an hour. Normally hot tea with honey and lemon juice is also a good option but with your restrictions I don't know if that would be good. Honey does an amazing job of coating and soothing a sore throat. 

If you do have any of the other symptoms along with the sore throat, or they develop in the next couple of days definitely go to your PCP or an Urgent care for a Strep Swab and an antibiotic. They can swab you and have the result in 15 mins. 

Amber   

"I was born to be a nurse; to comfort, to aid, to save, to teach, to inspire.

It's My Calling, My Passion, My World...It's My Life!"  

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/15 6:14 pm

The intubation tore me up, but my sore throat was immediate. I would go with the other suggestions. If no fever or patches, id see how salt gargles and sipping warm broth or hefbal tea to soothe it. It took 5  days for mine to ease up.

Most Active