My musings at one-week post-op:
1. Less than 20ml drainage from each of the 6 drains - hoping this means most or all get pulled on Friday at my first post-op visit. My first post-op was delayed a bit as we live 3 hours away from my doctor.
2. Got a sinus thing going on with post-nasal drip that causes unexpected coughing. The first time it happened I thought I was being murdered! Certain the neighbors did too. I have a very high pain threshold and know how to brace post-op for coughing, but it's tough when you're sewed tight as a drum with a binder on. I was sure I'd popped all my stitches and was going to bleed out. I may have undone some of the muscle repair but there's nothing to be done for that :-( Taking Sudafed, doing sinus rinses and have cough drops handy until this thing passes.
3. Guess what? I'm allergic to ******g codeine! Who the hell knew? I kicked all the pain meds to the curb at 2 days post-op and have only used Tylenol sparingly since then.
4. Finally got approval to sleep on my side last night. The first OK sleep since surgery. Still waiting for my first "good" night of sleep.
5. Have had a BM every day since surgery. Thank goodness I didn't have to deal with THAT problem.
6. I couldn't help myself - I got on the scale. At one week post-op I'm down 9 lbs. I find that to be amazing, frankly. Even with the 7 lbs. of skin/fat removal I expected my weight to be the same or higher due to inflammation/swelling.
7. Eating healthy is so much easier when there's no "bad" foods in your house...and you can't drive
Great news Tracy. You'll be 100% in no time.
Funny what being housebound will do for weight loss. Maybe your husband could lock you in -- I've heard people say that works.
6'3" tall, male. Maintaining a loss of 280 pounds.
Highest weight was 475. Consult weight 04/12 was 411. RNY on 08/21/12 at 359 lbs. Current weight 195.
M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.
I had Mike take "befores" last week with our regular camera and will have him do some "afters" on Friday at the dr. visit. The gory ones are tough right now cuz I'm so wrapped up so it's hard to see anything...except the bruising on my left thigh from the stupid lipo.