ChubbyHubby...where are you?

Ready2goNOW
on 7/29/15 6:23 pm

Has anyone heard from ChubbyHubby?

I have not seen a posting since his setback?

Kathy

E_Saenz
on 7/29/15 6:28 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Last I knew he was home from the blood clot in his lung and on the mend.

Elia Maria Saenz

Ready2goNOW
on 7/29/15 6:36 pm

I think that was the last time he posted which is why I was wondering if he was doing okay.

I am not his 'friend' on here, but always found his posts to be honest & open. that is why I would like to know he is doing okay, and moving forward with success!

Good luck on your upcoming surgery! Hope to be a few weeks behind you!

Kathy

E_Saenz
on 7/29/15 6:58 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I'm not either but I did send him a personal message asking how he is.

Elia Maria Saenz

beelitehobbies
on 7/30/15 6:15 am - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

I too was concerned about him????????????

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

ChubbyHubby82
on 8/4/15 7:04 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

Hey Ya'll!

Sorry, I have not been on lately. We have been having some awesome weather here in West Central Ohio and I have been out enjoying it since June was basically a month of monsoon rains.  Plus the Auglaize County Fair is going on and some of my students asked me to come watch their animals be judged and am proud to say that there were some champions this year. I was extremely proud to say the least. 

I am walking at least once a day and sometimes twice. I am able to walk about a 1,000 feet and my pace is picking up. My feet hurt a little bit and nothing like they did...my doc gave me a steroid and that helped with the tendinitis in my knee and feet. Yes, it hurt like hell.  I am getting over that with lots of stretching and getting full range of motion back. 

Visiting nurses are awesome and PT is really kicking my butt.  However, they are here to get me back to a place where I can take it on my own and run with it. I really want to start bicycling and swimming. Not a graceful walker but get me in the water and I am as graceful as a hippo ... think fantasia ... lol

I am eating well and it is a great science experiment on what I can and can't tolerate. Eating new foods that I have odd cravings for...still love spicy and hot foods. I am doubting that is going to go away. 

I am also proud to announce that I have lost 70 lbs since they gave me my start weight 10 days prior to surgery. I lost 30 lbs prior to surgery and 40 pounds post op...that is roughly 10 pounds a week and the doctor says to keep it up and keep exercising and moving. 

Mentally, I am less angry but get more weepy with things. This too shall come to pass. I made the decision to not go back into the classroom this fall and start subbing because I am still a little whacked mentally and would not want to lose it in front of the kids. So, I am looking for a part time job just to give me something to do and get me a little income. 

I am starting to see my body change too...especially in my face and chest and neck. People are also seeing the changes too and it's weird having them recognize and see the changes. My clothes are a lot looser as well...and my man-boobs are starting to sag...lord have mercy these girls need to perk back up...bench presses and chest exercises ...surgeon told me it is too early for weight training ... couple more weeks.

Thank you all for thinking about me. I appreciate it. I promise to come back regularly. 

Ready2goNOW
on 8/5/15 7:16 pm

Thank God you are doing okay!

It is always a cause for alarm when ppl stop posting...especially after a setback! We have to assume most are 'celebrating' their good fortune & are too busy to post, but sometimes you are left wondering if something bad happened!

You have always posted pretty regularly & seemed so straightforward about your commitment to changing your life that when you disappeared it just set off alarm bells.

SO glad you are doing so well & seeing lots of good changes.

Take advantage of the swimming when you can. I swim almost every day for an hour...well...I pool walk, do calisthenics & swim a little, and it is SO much easier on the body than walking or working out 'on the ground.' I try to avoid walking & do y stuff in the pool since I am still pre-op & carrying the extra 100+ lbs. IT HURTS to carry that excess weight...especially on my knees! BUT...when I do walk around the block I have noticed less pain & effort which I contribute to the water exercise.

Continue to enjoy your journey! And don't scare the crap out of us again...lol!

Kathy

Most Active