platelets are.high

gwen41539
on 8/3/15 1:45 pm - kimper, KY

Im on blood thinners and had a weekly check my first one...it came bqck ok except my platelet count was high the nurse didnt seem worried my infection count was normal but i had the test done last Thursday and i was stilll on antibiotics anyone know anything about this crap...my surgery was july 13th im praying nothing else is wrong i still am not feeling great i went shopping yesterday had to ride a cart half the time.... not fun....i just want to feel like i did prior to surgery i could shop at least with no cart...i get faint and my heart beats extra bad (i habe afib so it beats strange anyways) and i get sweaty clammy like and my tummy feel upset ...i checked my sugar its normal when all this is happening ..grrrrrrrrr im so frustrated!!!

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

E_Saenz
on 8/3/15 1:50 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Well whatever it is I hope it gets better fast!  

Elia Maria Saenz

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/3/15 2:26 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

It seems like you're having a lot of problems/worries/insecurities. Have you been able to talk to your doctor about your questions?

Most people are fairly tired for a bit after surgery. I know I wasn't feeling my full-energy normal self until maybe 3 months in. Your body has a lot to adjust to, be patient and don't pu****!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Mary B.
on 8/3/15 3:36 pm - AZ
VSG on 04/23/15

Maybe it's time to call your surgeon or your PCP or your cardiologist.  Maybe they can figure out what's going on.  Hope you're feeling better soon!

Age 63, HW 289, SW 273

Hislady
on 8/4/15 9:16 pm - Vancouver, WA

Are you on any meds for the a-fib? I have to take 2 different meds for mine or my heart goes nuts and beats extra fast and I get dizzy. It sounds like maybe your a-fib is acting up. Altho it does take awhile to feel 100% after surgery, several weeks anyway. You should probably get in touch with one of your docs if that will ease your mind.

gwen41539
on 8/5/15 8:32 am - kimper, KY

Yes 2 diff ones and its still no better i went out yesterday and its like instead of losing weight and doing better i felt worse i had nervous rapid heart rate made me feel awful i guess a cardiologist visit is in order :( they just lowered one of my meds a few months ago...does anyone think the blood.thinners maybe making it easier for my heart to pump the blood and thats why its actimg up its like flushing through faster or something? Im on a low dose of blood thinners for now.it will ne increased though because i was on shots also and im finisjed with those so its pills only now...:( hoping i figure this out i so wanna feel normal i can believe some people have afib and never know it i feel every lil missed beat and flutter i sure wish i didnt 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

Hislady
on 8/5/15 9:13 pm - Vancouver, WA

Yes I'd say it's time for a cardiologist visit and soon so he can address it and get you feeling better. I was on metroptolol 2x a day and still having flutters, mostly at night and he added one more dose of it and they went away and haven't had an issue yet over a year later so sounds like you need a meds adjustment. Hopefully it will just take a quick, easy fix. Best of luck to you!

Most Active