Thanks everyone!!!!

michele1
on 8/5/15 2:36 pm, edited 8/5/15 2:38 pm
Revision on 07/07/15

I am 4 weeks out today!!! I can't thank you all for the support and guidance!!!!!

I haven't lost a lot, but I got this revision when I lost my band so I wouldn't end up morbidly obese with co-morbidities again. Don't get wrong looking forward to getting lower than before!!

So far loving my sleeve, in my opinion this sleeve is how I thought the band would work when I got it.

Thanks again!!

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

Ihearttennis
on 8/5/15 5:17 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Glad you're doing well! It only gets better!

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

michele1
on 8/6/15 5:11 am
Revision on 07/07/15

That's exactly what I am hoping thanks!!!!

Karen D.
on 8/5/15 6:42 pm - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

Glad you're doing well!  I'm thinking of taking the band out and revising to sleeve.  Wondering how different it will be...I try to imagine but it's so hard!

michele1
on 8/6/15 5:34 am
Revision on 07/07/15

Oh, I felt the difference right away because the pain from the revision was around my belly button. First thing I did was run my hand over where my port used to be, no alien sticking out of my body (I used to get a pulling sensation) lol!! The best for me is not feeling that fullness in the top of my stomach when eating or drinking (I called it the funnel effect). Now I just feel like I did before the band just a lot more restriction. 

When the band worked it was great when it didn't well you know the effects,  also mine seemed to be affected by stress, post nasal drip ect. Sometimes I could eat a lot others times nothing.

I only found that sweet spot once early on, around year 3 the roller coaster of fill unfill began, fast forward to year 6 and was told it had slipped, had esophageal dilation and a hernia.

I had to be self pay for the sleeve, insurance approved the removal....even though I will owe for a few years it was so worth it!!!

Feel free to PM me if you need anything

Ethel S.
on 8/6/15 10:51 pm

Hi are you a Military patient? My surgery will be at Bethesda Navy Hospital.  

Most Active