Hilarious NSV

Ready2goNOW
on 8/5/15 6:50 pm

Beware all law-abiding citizens...no lectures PLEASE!

I had to share this despite the fact I will probably be judged for my opinion about wearing a seatbelt due to research on safety & statistics!

I do NOT like wearing my seatbelt & avoid wearing one whenever possible! At my highest weight they were uncomfortable & I sure as hell was not adding insult to injury by requesting a medical waiver from my doctor w/the 'I've told you over & over you need to lose weight' lecture that was sure to go with it.

Plus, I tend to be a rebel leftover from the 60's & 70's & don't like being told what I have to do in my own car I bought & paid for!

Consequently, I frequently get pulled over for not wearing a seat belt!

Today, I was driving to the beach & got pulled over. The officer told me he pulled me over for the seat belt infraction & asked why I was not wearing it. I gave him my standard response: "Officer, I am fat & it is too uncomfortable for me to wear!" (I am not disrespectful in explaining my personal rebel views about the law & how I feel it should not apply to what I do in my car.)

Mind you, I tell every cop who pulls me over (2 or 3 a year for many years now) the same reason & they do not respond.

But THIS cop was kind enough to say "Mam, you are NOT too fat to wear a seatbelt!"

Maybe it was just his personality, but I HAVE lost 60 pounds pre-op and my belly no longer pushes against the steering wheel despite my seat being pushed all the way back! I know I look a lot better!

Anyhow, I'll take it.

(Now all I have to do is pay the darn ticket!)

Kathy

suzyq584
on 8/5/15 6:58 pm

Ha!  I love it!! "Mam, you are NOT too fat to wear a seat belt!"  HAHAHAHA!!!

E_Saenz
on 8/5/15 7:20 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

That's an awesome nsv thanks officer I'll take my ticket now lol!  Hey btw did you see chubbyhubby got on yesterday with an update 

Elia Maria Saenz

Ready2goNOW
on 8/6/15 6:15 am

Hi Elia!

Yes, I saw his response & got to respond to him last night. Told him not to scare the crap out of ppl by disappearing...lol!

I am following you, too, so good luck on the surgery & KEEP US POSTED!

Otherwise YOUR name will also be in big neon letters in the subject line!

Kathy

Kathy

E_Saenz
on 8/6/15 8:49 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Thanks for the response I needed a good laugh you are a quite funny lady!

Elia Maria Saenz

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/6/15 3:06 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Please don't take this the wrong way, but your font is very difficult to read.  Maybe because I'm a relic, but it makes me skip over your comments because they are too straining on the eyes.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Ready2goNOW
on 8/6/15 4:47 pm

No offense taken...lol!

I have changed my font just for you!

Kathy

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/6/15 10:17 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Thank you!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

robinreinhardt
on 8/6/15 4:33 pm

Kathy,

Thanks for the NSV I'm so happy for you! Sorry you got the ticket but what a nice compliment from the officer. Keep up the great work.

Robin

Ready2goNOW
on 8/6/15 4:46 pm

Thanks, Robin!

It just cracked me up! My 37 year old daughter who was with me kept saying 'See Mom, you're really doing good! Even the cops are taking notice!'

Kathy

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views