Have a cold - OTC Medication Question

Ok2BaLoser
on 8/18/15 2:22 pm
VSG on 06/19/15

I am experiencing a sinus infection right now.  I was just wondering what you took post-op VSG?  I know there are restrictions as to what we can and can't take, however the only thing I was told not to take were NSAIDs.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sarah M.
on 8/18/15 2:36 pm - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
VSG on 01/19/15

For a sinus infection, I typically take Tylenol Severe Cold & Flu and use a Neti Pot.  Neti Pot on Amazon  It sounds kind of gross (and it is), but really, really works.  Especially with warm water and some of the saline mixture added.  I hope you feel better soon!!

VSG 1/19/15 | HW: 262 | SW: 255 | CW: 146 (3/20/16)

Ok2BaLoser
on 8/18/15 3:08 pm
VSG on 06/19/15

I completely forgot about my neti pot at home.  I've had one for years.  I guess I lost my brain along with part of my stomach.  I will definitely try the Tylenol as well.  Thank you so much for your response.  I need some relief!!!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/18/15 3:45 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Anything with Advil or Aleve in it is out, but something with Tylenol in it is OK, or something that's a straight decongestant with no pain relief. I take Mucinex, which only has guaifenesin in it, and it works well for breaking the gunk up.

This is a good question for a pharmacist. Just stop by the pharmacy counter and ask what cold medicine they have without NSAIDs, and they can direct you to some options.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views