Very Irritable

Ok2BaLoser
on 8/25/15 1:52 pm
VSG on 06/19/15

This isn't a concern... just need to vent.  I just finished a week of steroids for a nasty summer cold.  I was already super edgy with all the hormone dumping going on, but now I just have zero tolerance for any bs.  My filter is gone.  I come to this site on a regular basis to help keep myself accountable and make sure that I am doing things within the "norm" (if there is such a thing), but today I'm just gonna go ahead and rant.  I hate when someone who is new to this site asks for advice and gets mad when the vets here give them the truth.  Why ask if you aren't looking for honest answers?  Go find your best friend that tells you what you wanna hear and ask them instead.  I am still very new at this myself, and I come here daily and learn something new EVERY SINGLE DAY.  I understand that we are all different, but the sleeve functions mostly the same for the majority of people.  True certain foods may work for someone else that don't work for me, but that part is all trial and error.  STICK TO YOUR PLAN.  What is so flippin hard to understand about that?  YOUR doctor designed it FOR HIS/HER OWN REASONS.  Just because Sally could eat mushies on her 2nd week doesn't mean YOU can when you were clearly told LIQUIDS for 4 WEEKS.

I am always surprised at the number of people who will veer off of their plan and claim their sleeve failed (be it a leak or they gained weight) and want to blame the surgeon.  TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS and stop placing the blame on everyone else around you.  No one made you FAT but yourself.  That includes me.  I put every last pound on my body single handed.  No one forced me to eat the crap I ate before surgery.  No one forces me to eat the much healthier way that I eat now.  It's all about choices.

Stepping down.... Rant over..  Sorry if you wasted your time reading this and got nothing out of it.

rocky513
on 8/25/15 2:05 pm - WI

Thank You, from a seasoned vet!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Ok2BaLoser
on 8/25/15 3:07 pm
VSG on 06/19/15

You are welcome.  My success thus far hasn't just been because of the sleeve alone by any means.  I look to you guys and gals every day for advice for problems the sleeve can't fix.  I am very thankful for everyone who has already been through this.  You are the one's that can warn us of the Do's and Don'ts so we don't have to suffer.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/25/15 3:16 pm

I think I like you...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

TexasTerritory
on 8/25/15 4:03 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
Like!!!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/25/15 4:22 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I couldn't agree more.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Gwen M.
on 8/25/15 6:23 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/15 6:44 pm

Um.... I think I love you!

MaraFaith
on 8/25/15 9:22 pm - denham springs, LA

Couldn't agree with you more, from a long-time lurker. 

HW:362 SW:345 CW:287 GW:170 Surgery Date: 11-11-2015 with Dr. Bellenger

Tracy D.
on 8/26/15 7:01 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm not a seasoned vet at only 2+ years out but I appreciate your position.  In the early post-op days I read enough to know better than to come on here and expect hand-patting and "oh-you-poor-thing" assurances about my bad choices...and I made bad choices and still make them.  The consequences are on me.  

So if someone comes on these boards and wants to be told by vets that eating Taco Bell at 1 week post-op (or popcorn...or chocolate...or bread) is OK, expect to be put firmly in your place.  Not because any of us think we are better than you, but because we WORRY and we want everyone to be SUCCESSFUL!  And if you've been on these boards long enough it's these same people that are eating this crap at 1-4 weeks out who come back on here in 6 months complaining they haven't lost any weight in 2 months.  Or they come back on in 12 months and say they've gained back 20 lbs.  Well....DUH! 

If someone wants to do things their own way and doesn't want anyone'e else's opinion, then DON'T POST IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM FOR COMMENT!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active