3 days post operation vgs regrets ?

Michele7
on 8/29/15 6:12 pm

So I had a vgs on Wed Aug 26, 2015 . I've been doing very well with protein shakes, soups, walking etc. Is it normal to feel like i may have made the wrong choice. My bmi was 36. Before surgury and I had sleep apnea . I just hope the doctors are right that this is a good health decesion. I feel like I'm missing my stomach and it was there for a reason . Does anyone feel like this after surgury or am I crazy ? Lol 

Loser2542
on 8/30/15 5:47 am

I know I did. I can't count the number of times I said "what did I do?" However, it didn't last too long for me and I hope it's the same for you too.

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

Nikke2003
on 8/30/15 5:49 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I never had that feeling; however, I've been on this site for a few years and I can tell you that the feeling isn't uncommon. It's a big adjustment and a big life decision and it seems to be normal to have these kinds of thoughts. Keep doing what you're supposed to and hopefully the feelings will pass. I know, for me, it was the best decision I have ever made.

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

kranky813
on 8/30/15 5:52 am
VSG on 08/20/15

I know I did for an entire week. I even broke down sobbing quite a few times asking myself and my husband what did I do. That feeling has passed now. I am feeling a lot better and getting energy back. 

From what I understand a lot of people go through this and even some depression after surgery. If it gets too bad make sure you talk to your doctor about it. 

Surgery Date: 8/20/2015 - CW 233 - GW 140

Kara D.
on 8/30/15 6:22 am
VSG on 03/02/15

I had not had any regrets, but I do know the feeling of missing something. Sometimes I forget and order or fill my plate with my "big stomach."  It's a whole new lifestyle but one I am sure you will get use to very quickly. Keep talking to your Dr and if necessary a therapist about those feeling to keep depression from becoming a hindrance to your success. Good luck and I am confident you will come to realize what a loving choice you made for yourself.

HW 303, pre op diet 284  CW 278

Bugrussell
on 8/30/15 8:52 am

I too had my VGS on 8/26.  Been feeling really good, until today. I awoke at 4 am a, have been in pain and feeling nauseous all day.  My BMI was 35 and the only co morbidity I has was sleep apnea. I won't go as far as saying I wish I hadn't done this, but do wonder why I felt the need to take this drastic measure. Looking back I know, I had to do this for me! I've gained and lost so many pounds in the past to put it back on plus 10 pounds. From everyone I've spoken to its not uncommon to regret having the surgery. Give it time, this is one surgery/diet that you can't undo. What're feeling better I'm sure you'll feel you did the right thing for you.  Best of luck my surgery twin!

Michele7
on 8/30/15 12:57 pm

That's so cool I have a surgury twin . lol I will have too friend u thanks ;) michele

White Dove
on 8/30/15 1:19 pm - Warren, OH

36 is not a healthy BMI.  Diets don't work and you will feel so much better when you get to a normal weight.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

jamrodriguez
on 8/30/15 6:43 pm

How you're feeling right now is completely normal. I had major remorse between days 4 and 8... then I started feeling a lot better physicallyand mentally. Going back to work after my week of recovery time was a huge help. I have seen so many people on this site that have the same feeling early out. Just hang in there and keep looking at before and after photos and remember why you make this great change for yourself! It's not an easy road but it's an amazing journey! 

Ddm26
on 8/30/15 7:40 pm

My surgery date was the nineteenth of August. Still having issues with getting all my liquids in. Started eating soft mushy food today. Still thinking "What did I do" I had no choice my BmI was 70 I was dying so here I am. It does get better. I am focusing on the prize little things like jumping out of the car to return a movie. We stopped at a nursery and my hubby went in boy was he surprised to see me following. These little things get me thru the hard stuff. Maybe that would help you. Good luck so excited to share this journey with pthers

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views