I am having a very hard time getting my fluids and protine

E_Saenz
on 9/6/15 12:24 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I'm not sure what I can do to get more protine on the go I just started a new job and I need portable ideas for protine while I'm working my 8hr job.  I so far have shakes yogurt cheese sticks any other ideas will be welcome I'm afraid I'll start eating junk food from vending if i dont do something fast.

Elia Maria Saenz

White Dove
on 9/6/15 4:32 am - Warren, OH

Hard boiled eggs, rolled up lunch meat with cheese, beef jerky, leftover meat.  For wonderful ideas look at the Eggface Site

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Hkinzfnp
on 9/6/15 4:37 am

What about those small pouches of tuna fish that you just open and eat?  I am still on liquids but when I advance I know I will have to plan ahead since my job keeps me running. I will probably make up a bigger batch of egg salad, tuna, etc and then portion it into containers I can just throw in my bag in the morning and go.  

alouisa63
on 9/6/15 6:08 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I love egg, tuna and salmon but found them too dry even with a light mayo added.  I started to mix them with 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt.  It gave me more protein and made them easier to get down.  A little mustard or curry powder is really good in the egg salad!  I also make them in individual servings so I have better control on counting the calories/protein per serving.

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

alouisa63
on 9/6/15 6:11 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

for me, a Premier shake in the morning starts me with 30 grams of protein and counts toward my liquid.  Then I suck on water all day.

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/15 8:16 am
RNY on 05/04/15

My meals usually go something like this --

B: Protein shake

S: String cheese or 1/3c cottage cheese

L: Chicken tortilla soup, or shredded buffalo chicken (canned from Costco)

S: Greek yogurt

D: Varies, often grilled chicken

I drink water throughout the day and regularly top 100g of protein a day.

Donna L.
on 9/6/15 9:36 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I work crisis intervention and sit at my desk for 12-14 hour shifts.  My meals ten weeks out are:

Protein shakes (Premier), cottage cheese, string cheese, yogurt, tuna fish with mayo or yogurt, sliced deli meat, cheese, high protein soup I make (canned chicken, chicken broth, whatever flavorings to customize), deviled eggs, regular hard boiled eggs, fritata or meatloaf muffins, etc..

If you are still on pureed, you can puree beef stew and it's quite good that way.  I also had pureed chili (now regular chili), less spicy.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Ethel S.
on 9/7/15 7:14 am

I have the same problem.  I can no longer tolerate the preimer shakes.  I bought the whey protein shots 42 grams of protein.  I plan to take them twice a day until I can get better.  Wal-Mart has them.  

Jessicaellison74
on 9/17/15 2:54 am - Lutherville, MD

im still pre op but i had a friends mom go through this when i was in middle school and she would bring the baby bell cheeses or lunch meat or make a big batch of low carb meat loaf and bring it to lunch

Most Active