So wed Sept 9 will be 2 weeks post op .

Michele7
on 9/7/15 5:18 pm

So I'm a little nervous because I'm 2 weeks post op and from the first day of surgury I haven't had many problems with drinking and now eating soft foods. I'm at a standstill and haven't lost any weight in 3 days . I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me cause I feel full, eat pretty easy, but I counted out 1200 calories I ate today with fluids and thought geez that's too much. My protein was at 92. I'm just scared this surgury won't work. With my new vsg it feels like I should be starving or hungry to lose weight. So my mind is trying to catch up with my stomache . it's really wierd . anyone else feel confused? 

Oneillch
on 9/7/15 11:37 am, edited 9/7/15 11:38 am
VSG on 02/04/15

It sounds like you are consuming more calories than you should this early out and should consult with your nutritionist regarding the caloric/carb intake you should be having. Granted each program is different, but I'm 7 months out and was just given the go ahead to consume 700-800 calories/day (min 60 gr of protein) & no more than 20 gr of carbs/meal or snack. 

Also, there's something called the "infamous" 3-week stall when you don't lose weight for a period of time. If you go to the magnifying glass (top right side of this pg) you can search it and see what others have experienced. 

Good luck going forward. 

Michele7
on 9/7/15 6:57 pm

My friends who just had the sleeve good hardly get anything down and I could already get all my fluids and shakes down the 2nd day after surgury. Maybe I heal quick I'm not sure. I hope the surgeon didn't give me a bigger stomache. 

Michele7
on 9/7/15 6:59 pm

Also my nutrionist said I can have up to 60/97 grams of protein but I'm gonna cut bk.  Thanks for input. 

Neesie57
on 9/7/15 7:30 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I'm 5 weeks post-op and still getting only about 500-600 calories a day.  I'm getting 57-85 grams of protein a day, which is the right amount for my height and gender.  I can't imagine getting 1200 calories in a day, my stomach wouldn't be able to hold that much.  

Are you losing weight even with 1200 calories?

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Michele7
on 9/8/15 5:09 am

No but I need to count out my calories and protein good. The protein shakes are putting me over the top with adding in food. So its easy to do with skim milk in protein shakes w a half bannana included .

FuturePinUp
on 9/8/15 8:13 am

If you're eating banana this early out sounds like you are likely totally going over your carbs. A lot of people on here avoid bananas altogether because of their high carb counts. The key to success is prioritizing protein and keeping carbs very low.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

FuturePinUp
on 9/8/15 8:09 am

Are you counting carbs? I was told to only focus on a minimum of 60g of protein a day and less than 40g carbs. If you stick with that, even if you count calories, you will likely see a drop in how many calories you can eat/drink.

I do agree that 1200 seems a bit high for 2 weeks post-op but plans vary significantly. I have been on about 800 calories since day 2 post op, and have had no issues tolerating any food at all. A friend of mine is 5-6 months out and just got the recommendation from her doctor to eat 1400 calories a day. I always say, when in doubt, confirm with your doctor and WLS team.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Oneillch
on 9/8/15 4:16 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

Are you measuring, weighing & tracking (on an app such as myfitnesspal.com) everything you are consuming? If not, you may actually be getting a lot more calories/carbs than you think.  The surgery works, but you have to be diligent about what & how much you are eating. If you are cutting back on the calories/carbs be sure to still have a minimum of 60 grams of protein a day and you will continue to lose weight, maybe not every day at this point.   

Michele7
on 9/9/15 8:37 am

Ya I need to talk with my nutrionist because she wants me to keep drinking the protein shakes. Those alone 3 a day are alot and they don't make me full. So I don't know how I'm supposed to lose with even eating a little. Ugh

Most Active