I JUST COULDN'T WAIT....

psren13
on 9/5/15 1:55 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

I usually weigh on Sundays but was upstairs earlier and decided to go ahead and do it.  WHOOOPPPEEE!!  I made to my second MAJOR goal--172...  I have my final goal at 150 but I think my doctor has me for 160 or 165,  I have my next appt with him on Oct 5th.  Can hardly wait.  Just think 3 more pounds and I join the Century Club (from highest weight).  OMG... My son-in-law who is deployed and hasnt seen me since this past April was skyping with my daughter (whom day before yesterday.  I talked with him briefly and he called me scrawny..LOL.. Didn't say anything to my oldest daughter the next day who is i NC (my home),  She said she loved a picture that I had posted if youngest daughter, grandson, and myself.  But.. she said I was looking very scrawny.  I said "don't go there".  I thought how ironic I was called that in two days.  Who would of ever thunk that (yes I know how to spell).  

If you have just started this journey and really hyped up from the weight loss, DO NOT go out and start buying clothes, etc.  I had to buy some new bras and panties for sure (never had a butt anyway now even less).  Had to turn around and get even smaller size.  Not sure of my sizes of anything other than socks right now.  I used to wear 3x 4x scrub tops so I did buy a couple of 2x tops.  Yep, they had to go back too.   Settled for XL/1X.  We love our roomy bigger shirts but when they are literally falling off your shoulders, time to rethink things.  Very mnimal new clothes yet.  I have plenty loose skin for sure.  At my age, it doesn't spring back so good.  But it is a good trade off.  I look older with the new wrinkles on my face, not fat little puffy cheeks to fill it out anymore.  SIGH.. Goodwill, yard sales, thrift shops -- that's the new store for now.  

Well I hope y'all are having a wonderful safe holiday weekend.  Not sure what we are going to do but I do know that I feel so much better and able to do more now than since I was in my 30's.  

psychoticparrot
on 9/5/15 2:09 pm

You've been my inspiration since my surgery in February. I think our surgery dates are close. You've been on fire and haven't looked back yet. Congrats and then some on hitting 100 lost! "Scrawny" is about the highest compliment you can get for people like us! Don't worry, they'll adjust to the new you.

I'm still wearing my high-weight clothes, at least those I can still decently get away with. The biggest problem is bras -- so essential, so expensive, good fit so necessary. I'm thinking of writing a post with advice on how to get a shrunken boob into a bra cup. Right now, I'm leaning toward the self-serve soft ice cream method -- sort of "swirling" it in from above. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

michele1
on 9/5/15 2:12 pm
Revision on 07/07/15

How awesome is that!!!!! You are truely an inspiration!!

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

Shel25
on 9/5/15 2:57 pm

WHOOOPPPPEEE indeed!  You have done great.  Congratulations!

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

White Dove
on 9/5/15 3:24 pm - Warren, OH

It is fine to look too skinny for about a year.  Everything will adjust by year 3.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

frisco
on 9/5/15 11:13 pm

You are doing GREAT !!!

Keep the path !!!

You got this !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

tatirod
on 9/6/15 5:43 am - Toronto, Canada

Congratulations! This is fabulous news. I am so happy for you.

And, thanks for the tip on clothes. As the end of the summer season is here, I have been tempted to buy smaller clothes that are on sale. Good thing I haven't yet. :)

Referral: February 2015; TWH Orientation: April 2015; Social Worker: June 10, 2015: Nurse Practitioner: June 11, 2015; Nutrition Class: June 15, 2015; Psychometry Assessment: June 16, 2015; Nutrition Assessment: July 22, 2015; NP follow-up: July 28, 2015; Surgeon Consult: August 28, 2015; Surgery: November 6, 2015; Operation: VSG

sds0029
on 9/6/15 3:07 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Congrats you earned your celebration .  

Most Active