Not quite 10 Weeks out...

ChubbyHubby82
on 9/11/15 3:10 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

Hey All, 

Not quite 10 weeks out and am feeling great and moving lots. Eating real and clean foods and oodles of protein. 

I am seeing the weight just melt off of me and there are some weeks where I lose a little and then the following week I am down a lot...I just want it to be going in the down direction. 

In other news I officially have what I have quipped as "old-lady" bat arms...yes the skin is starting to sag...... and I am not enjoying that. 

I also had a staph infection flare up with some cellulitis. Stayed in the hospital for a day and a half and am on some kick ass antibiotics...IV of course cause pills don't work for what I have. I sort of know the drill when I get sick like this...and the doctors are mystified when I tell them what they are going to do... CBC and other labs...with IV antibiotics, Vancomycin, Zosyn, or Teflaro...take your pick...the nurses are like he made a comment that you were ordering him around...and this particular nurse knows me and I'm like Honey, this ain't my first rodeo...she laughs...and we move on to me being admitted. 

I'm seeing a great infectious disease doc and he told me that I will get better and hopefully we will figure out why my immune system is not really good at fighting off staph infections. I don't get sick often but when I do it's a doozy full of crap that lands me in the hospital. 

I am almost down 100 pounds...I am really excited about that...7 more pounds to go...and i will be there with a lot more to go after that...I am feeling great INR is in check, blood sugars are normal, blood pressure is great, mood is awesome. I don't get as frustrated easily anymore and am sort of bubbly and positive. 

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

joanne0658
on 9/11/15 3:46 pm

congrats on feeling good!!!   i'm 7 weeks out and haven't weighed myself in a week . . . . but so happy i chose to get the sleeve.  can't wait until 11:30, so i can begin the weekend (tomorrow is our 18th anniversary) . . . . . 

again, congrats!

jo

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

NadiaO
on 9/11/15 4:58 pm

Congratulations!!!

ChubbyHubby82
on 9/11/15 7:43 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

Thanks!! 

E_Saenz
on 9/11/15 9:25 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Well I can say I'm very happy that you are down almost 100Lbs I'm proud of you also I'm very sorry you've been I'll again I'm exactly one month out and down.  A total of 41#.

Elia Maria Saenz

Nmmsg
on 9/12/15 4:32 am
VSG on 07/09/13

What I am about to tell you is just our experience.  To see if it might help you, you will need to check with your own doctors.  My husband is an old RNY patient. Shortly after that surgery he was diagnosed with Throat cancer,  he had surgery and a 6 1/2 week course of radiation. He is today 11 years cancer free.  He has had many nasty long term effects from  the radiation including chronic pain, leg neuropathy and a compromised immune system.  He started getting staph infections .  His infectious disease doc could not figure out why this was happening other than his weakened immune system. Followed as you know by the high dose antibiotics, etc.  his dermatologist suggested that he take baths with bleach once a week.  He washes daily with Hibiclens.  He has not had an infection since doing this.  I don't know if this would help you.  Only your docotrs can advise what might help you but this has worked for my husband. I have to tell you I never thought this would help but count me happy that it did.

Nancy

ChubbyHubby82
on 9/11/15 10:39 pm, edited 9/11/15 10:39 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

First, Thank you so very much!! I see my Doc on the 24th and will bring that up to him. 

I am glad your husband has made it through all of that. It sad what happens to our bodies and what we put our bodies through abusing them and then what we go through turning them into temples again. 

Grumma-1950
on 9/12/15 5:22 am

Wow That's wonderful. You sound pleasant and very positive. I am new to OH and scheduled to have my gastric sleeve done on 9/21. Excited and scared at the same time. Priscilla

psychoticparrot
on 9/12/15 5:08 pm

ChubbyHubby! I'm so glad to see you posting again! There were no posts from you for weeks. I was worried you were having problems, and indeed you were. But I'm glad you're bouncing back from your infection. Staph cellulitis is no joke, and Vancomycin is one powerful antibiotic.

Many years ago, my husband was hospitalized with cellulitis in his facial cartilage. The swelling and pain were excruciating, but antibiotics then worked better than they do now, what with all the superbugs floating around.

Here's hoping your continuing weight loss will reduce (dare we say "eliminate"?) your susceptibility to these infections. Get strong and healthy! That's an order!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views